What the fuuuuuuuck

βeta

ModRetro Legend
I was testing my controller trimmins on a perfectly good console, and everything was going well. I switched my TV over to my computer to check some diagrams, and when I switched back, the console was in the on position, but the light was off. It now doesn't turn on no matter what I do. What the assssssss.

how do you know when you fried it cause mine does the same thing but i tried a different outlet to another house and still didnt work (sometimes it would flicker when i first turn it on) looked for leftover solder that came out then cleaned it (dry) but still nothing............what happened?

1. Touch the RCP (middle chip) with the n64 off.
2. Turn on the n64; if the chip gets FREAKING HOT in a few seconds, you are fried. If not, keep looking elsewhere for the problem.

Test your voltages with a dmm. Check your 3.3 line AFTER the power switch. My switch went bad for no reason (or poor connection internally) that drove me crazy for a day. 2.9v would turn everything on but no video/audio. I put a 3.3 jumper straight to the board and bam fired right up.

The last time i was messing with a controller while the console was on it only went into sleep mode. I was messing with the memory pak cables and the console just went caput. I don't doubt that you could fry one with a controller though.

But since it's mostly data that gets messed with I'm pretty sure it's just in sleep mode.

Back