What happened to the Subsilver2?

bentendo64

I went to log in on Friday and it said something about the Subsilver2 files missing and I couldn't do anything because the theme was gone. Why is it no longer an option?

The theme broke (not sure what the problem is yet) preventing people who were using it from accessing the forum. I disabled the theme to allow those users to access the forums again.

Side note: That email address is now a real thing.
You're welcome, world.

Here it is: http://forums.modretro.com/?style=2.
Try it. I dare you.
Something went wrong, when I tried to PM Zero about it the forums yelled at me about SQL tables being crashed. (SQL tables are what store all the data of the website except the very base templates.) I want to know how the Heck EIG loses html files on paying customers?

It was probably prog messing something up pretending he's a hacker again.

That's not how it happened. Besides, I'm not the one that left an install script lying around a chatroom. I just found it by accident.

History is written by those who won.
Sorry, Prog, your side of the story doesn't matter. :p

ProgMetalMan said:
Here it is: http://forums.modretro.com/?style=2.
Try it. I dare you.
Something went wrong, when I tried to PM Zero about it the forums yelled at me about SQL tables being crashed. (SQL tables are what store all the data of the website except the very base templates.) I want to know how the Heck EIG loses html files on paying customers?

Yes, yes that is the page I got when I tried to log in...

Will there be an attempt to fix it, or will it be gone forever? :cry:

Fix... Tomorrow. And your story makes me out to be a faggoty middle-school neckbeard when in reality I was just really bored.

Everyone forgets about my minor contribution to the forum theme and banner.

It was obviously the best.

Will this ever be fixed or will it just sit there as another sign of the times, of the rot of this site, community, and hobby?

ProgMetalMan said:
Will this ever be fixed or will it just sit there as another sign of the times, of the rot of this site, community, and hobby?
It will be never fixed as a punishment to those who do not subscribe to the dark theme master race.

ProgMetalMan said:
Why don't you get off your ass, build a portable, and actually contribute to the hobby and the community?

No portables=no voice to complain about the dying community.

That reminds me, where is everyone? Are they all at SSF/MBB or is everyone dead? All the Hackaday posts about portables seem to link to MBB now days.

SSF, Ha.
Ha Ha ha.
Uhm, we all quit. Because we're lame.
I guess there's still something going on somewhere, it's just not here.

Everyone grew up and got busy doing other stuff for school and work.

Most of the Admin and Mod team are busy working for a startup, so they don't have as much time to dedicate to a forum about videogames. They basically made up most of the activity on the site during the booming years.

Almost everyone else is either university/college/working. Times change, people move on to different things.

As far as the community is concerned, of course it is dying. Our age group is the ones that grew up playing these consoles, and we make up a large majority of the people that would be willing to try to portabalize those consoles. The 16 year olds that took our place grew up in a completely different gaming climate, it isn't really unexpected for the whole retro scene to be dying away when the ones that normally care don't have time for it anymore. That said, there are a few fresh new faces, but not the same as before.

The forum is a nice place to talk to people though. I don't think it needs to go away.

Back