What can you do with a DSi?

ShockSlayer

Probably SS
More specifically, what can you do with it homebrew wise and stuff like that?

I know I'm going to need a flashcart to start doing stuff, but I was wondering if anyone else here has done much with it, besides pirate games. :p

SS

ShockSlayer said:
More specifically, what can you do with it homebrew wise and stuff like that?

I know I'm going to need a flashcart to start doing stuff, but I was wondering if anyone else here has done much with it, besides pirate games. :p

SS

All DS homebrew will work fine. There is no DSi specific homebrew at this point in time.

I say overclock it! :p

For a flashcart, check out the M3i Zero. It's new, and it's firmware-upgradable so it can potentially work even with future updates! And it has the Sakura firmware, which I use on my (vanilla) M3DS and I can say it's awesome.

I don't know about the SupercardDSOnei, but you can flash the firmware on the M3i Zero. Also, it has Sakura, which is awesome. Just look up "M3i Zero Review", you'll get a much better explanation.

The SupercardDSOnei's menu is a lot slower, and it can take multiple seconds for 1 down button press to actually happen. It doesn't bother some people, but it can be very time consuming if you have to go through a list of 60 games.

I recommend the M3iZero also. It's the best DSi flash cart out there.

icarus said:
I recommend the M3iZero also. It's the best DSi flash cart out there.

I agree with everyone in this thread who has recommended the M3iZero.
As a few of you have seen in the past, I tend to get quite pissy about DS Flashcarts.
I kind of hate to say that one is "The Best" anymore, but when it comes to the DSi specifically, the M3iZero is the best. (Currently)
They did some very smart stuff in designing this card, and none of it too horribly complex, so it comes out to still be affordable.

If you want a flashcart for the DSi, you want an M3iZero.
For now, until more carts start to come and go, it is, from my standpoint, the only card worth it's salt.

I'd like to warn you though. If you are using the DSi's 1.4 firmware update, it blocks all flash carts. Some flash carts are completely useless because of it, while the M3izero and Supercard DSONEi will be updateable when their respective teams figure out how to get past it.

icarus said:
I'd like to warn you though. If you are using the DSi's 1.4 firmware update, it blocks all flash carts. Some flash carts are completely useless because of it, while the M3izero and Supercard DSONEi will be updateable when their respective teams figure out how to get past it.

The Acekard2i is also updatable.

PalmerTech said:
icarus said:

The Acekard2i is also updatable.

But you need another DS to update it. The M3izero and Supercard DSONEi can be updated using your computer, while the Acekard2i can't.

No, it only needs another DS if the DSi is unable to run it.

Basically, if you accidentally update your DSi, you will need a DS Lite to flash it, but if you are smart and do not update until the patch has been made, you can run the flashcart update on the DSi, then update the DSi.

Basically, if you have 1.3 and are careful/and or have a DSi, you are safe.

That's what I meant. :p If only I could realize somewhere mid-post that people can't read my mind. :dah:

Back