Voltage Isn't What It Was Before

Crazy Inventor

Just so you know I'm a tech expert not a battery expert. So I accidently fried the power circuit for my GC and I built a makeshift circuit with terminals and everything that in need to power my GC and screen. Before I fired the power circuit the GC powered on just fine. Now when I use the battery (which is fully charged) the GC won't even turn on. It's not the battery because the cooling fan and screen still turn on fine. I used the original two wires that game with the gamecube and tested them after I couldn't get my GC to turn on. My multimeter read (switching between) 10V and 11V. My GC is a Rev C and I just can't figure out the problem. Thanks in advanced.

EDIT: I figured as a last resort I could build a Step-Up regulator to get the voltage I need. But again a Last Resort.

You could have the proper circuit but the lower voltage lines on the circuit take a lot of amps, see zenlocs regulator guide, it has the voltage and amp draw specs of each line.

bentomo said:
You could have the proper circuit but the lower voltage lines on the circuit take a lot of amps, see zenlocs regulator guide, it has the voltage and amp draw specs of each line.
Thanks but I actually figured out that my problem was the switch that came with the battery. It's not rated for the extra voltage so when everything is plugged in it shuts itself off. There's no writing that give the voltage and amps it can handle. So if someone could tell me where to find a cheap (under $5) Double Poll Triple Throw sliding switch then I'll be 90% done with my portable.

Crazy Inventor said:
bentomo said:
Thanks but I actually figured out that my problem was the switch that came with the battery. It's not rated for the extra voltage so when everything is plugged in it shuts itself off. There's no writing that give the voltage and amps it can handle. So if someone could tell me where to find a cheap (under $5) Double Poll Triple Throw sliding switch then I'll be 90% done with my portable.
You've probably worked with larger electronics in general, most smaller things like this, nearly any part will work, I never check for how much a switch can handle because I'm never really going to go high enough for it to matter, most small parts will work already as long as the voltage is below 15v.

Back