VGA mod for the Gamecube

Lyberty, RGB on the cube uses the digital port, which isnt on other ninty systems.

I saw the metal plug on tchay's pics and i now feel really really stupid...

But i don't get it then, what's this ?

21740.jpg

everyone (even google :gonk: ) tells me this is a rgb cable for the gamecube and snes ...

PAL consoles will output RGB through the analog AV connector. They lack s-video, however. I forget if they have the digital AV out or not. I know that someone tried to get VGA through the RGB output, but it didn't work.

NTSC consoles will not output RGB through the analog AV port, but they do have s-video. You can get VGA or RGB by modding the component or d-terminal cable that connects to the digital AV connector. From what I have read, the output will be 31KHz VGA in progressive scan 480p mode, and 15KHz RGB otherwise. I believe the sync is separate H/V like VGA.

Then i guess i can't do this mod, cause there doesn't seem to be any chip in the plug.
Still can get any of you a ntcs cable though, if anyone's interrested

by the way does that mean i can directly wire my gc in rgb to say, a psone screen, with only simple wires

If it's a PAL cube? Yes. NTSC cube? No, you need at least the chip part of the modded cable. The 5" screen from Alibaba reviewed in the screens section might be a better choice if you go that route, since it supports VGA and RGB.

Back