Vacuum forming guide

He originally was going to use it for the x64 lite but he ended up using a premade polycase one.

Link?

Edit

Also, would you mind making a guide on the rest of the case preparation for vac forming? sanding to final shape, screwposts, keepign everything even, etc.?

That'd be nice if you could, Bentomo. I'd really like to see a good way to hold screw posts on a vac-formed case. If they look strong, I'll probably give it a go.

Well, Polycase is being mean. Im either gonna use a machine at my machine shop, or vacume form it with this guide

:eek: Hey for all the layers what kind of wood did u use? And where is a good place to buy that wood? Also what tool did u use to make the holes?

It doesn't matter what you use as long as you seal the unwanted air holes and you can put it in an oven. Home depot is where you can buy wood.

I can't remember what mine is called, I just remember it's some kind of fiberboard.

:D Thanks for the guide,it really helps.I'm thinking about getting started on my own portable soon.I'll be putting this to use soon.

===========================================================================================================
:ninj: :ninj: :ninj: I'm a pocket ninja...

4 things

What is a good type of wood to use?

Why isint this on the mega sticky?

It seems a drill press would work perfictly for this if anyone is having truble.

snowpenguin said:
Also, would you mind making a guide on the rest of the case preparation for vac forming? sanding to final shape, screwposts, keepign everything even, etc.?

Snow just said the only thing that would make this guide better.

Any type of wood should work, as long as it's air tight enough and is safe to use in an oven.

And you know what, I'm going to start working on my wingman again soon and it's just about time for me to vac-form the case. I think I'll take pictures, and I did take some pictures of putting the controls in the 64 boy that I didn't upload.

Look forward to a couple weeks, I can't promise anything though.

Back