Vacuum Formed case question(s)

Mr.Mike

Hello modretro,
This is my second question of the day but all help has been...well...helpful! Anyway, I had a couple questions regarding vacuum forming cases. First question is that would 2mm polystyrene work for forming a case? Here is an example and I may or may not get it from this site but just for anyone who is reading this to get a better picture...well this is what I mean http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/47955 ... heets.html. With that said, My second question is regarding the placement of a 5inch screen within my portable (That is yet to be made). If I were to use a 5inch screen could I cut a square that is 5inches exactly for the screen, 4.7inches more than 5inches or what? Lastly, as a recap of what I asked is:
Plastic to use for vacuum forming (And a recommended website for this would be nice)
Screen placement

Thank you in advance and please help me in my quest to make a gamecube portable because everyone had to start somewhere right, and my place is here :D

Thanks,
Michael

I always hate dealing with the screen hole, it's just a pain in the butt. Generally, a 5" screen has about 5" of LCD and a little bit of trim work with metal, for the back-light and such. So when you vacuum form a case you need to form a screen bezel. The best way to do this is to open up your screen and get the full measurements, in you case probably close to a cm or two bigger (or .2"-.5")
Then make a wooden block to meet these measurements and glue it to the top of your mold.

Back