V0W3RS PORTABLE GAMECUBE WORKLOG

I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post but this is my first time posting on mod retro. In fact this is the first time I even post on a forum. Anyways, here's my worklog for a GCP I am working on. First of all let me thank ModRETRO for giving me the opportunity to share this project with you guys, alright then on to the good stuff...

DISASSEMBLED GAMECUBE [X]
WIIKEY DELIVERED [X]
CASE [X]
SCREEN 3.5 LCD [X]
MOTIVATION [XXX]
I'm planning on using a pre made polycase.

img0008mi.jpg

img0007dr.jpg

img0013yuw.jpg

I have almost everything I need, now where do I start?
I can't seem to power the mobo with the original regulator using the 5 wire method, so I'm planning on using Zenl0c's Custom Regulator. Not sure how to compile it though.

Whoa waiting less than a day for someone to respond to your post and then insulting the forum? People here aren't gonna like you very much if you act like that.

However, I'm really excited to see more progress on this. I've always wanted to see a GCp in an AG polycase. Before you declare that you can't rewire the original regulator, do some troubleshooting. Check with a multimeter that all the correct voltages coming out, and make sure nothings being shorted to ground.

You didn't even give it a day, chill down a bit. A lot of the people who post on this sort of thing are busy during the days.

That said, do check the voltages, make sure everything's corrected normally, also is the disk drive attached when you're trying to boot it or no? It may not want to boot without it (until you replace it with the WKF). Anyways, if you want to use the custom regulator (and probably should), gather all of the parts and then just assemble the circuits as shown in the thread linked in the megasticky.

Motivation XXX.... Heh heh heh. But really, you don't need to use zenloc's custom reg unless you are using a 7.4v battery pack.

I thought this forum was dead since i saw many posts from 2010..idk,I think I do.. I busted my two previous regulators. Thanks for the tips guys. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

And no I can't. I did some troubleshooting and did get readings for the1.9V 3.3V & 5.0V . But not for the 12V .. Not sure why. Then I tried them again and no readings at all. I did accidentally make contact with the power supply and regulator while on an plugged in and saw sparks. I'm guessing a fried reg :/

If you give it some time, the regulator might come back to life. Check if it's the regulator board or the power supply itself. The power supply will revive itself after some time if you sort it out, so hopefully that's your issue.

You mentioned that you weren't getting readings for 12v. This seems to be a fairly common problem. It's happened to me a few times, and I know I've seen at least one other post saying that they weren't getting 12v from their regulator. What you can do is just wire the unregulated 12v straight from the power supply to the point on the mobo, or you can feed 5v to the 12v line on the mobo, and it will still work.

Back