upgrades! (need help on what to choose)

Unless your setup supports triple channel, you'll get better memory throughput by adding a fourth stick with identical speed and capacity.

The question I would ask myself is "Do I really need upgrades?". Your system looks pretty good as-is, and the only game you have mentioned is WoW, which probably runs like cake on that system. Don't spend money just to spend money. Unless something is giving you trouble, I would just save the money and buy a whole new system in 6-18 months. Having the best PC is fun, but having other stuff is fun, too (this coming from someone with a fulltime job, 2 gaming laptops, a car, and a decent chunk of change in the bank).

vskid3 said:
The question I would ask myself is "Do I really need upgrades?". Your system looks pretty good as-is, and the only game you have mentioned is WoW, which probably runs like cake on that system. Don't spend money just to spend money. Unless something is giving you trouble, I would just save the money and buy a whole new system in 6-18 months. Having the best PC is fun, but having other stuff is fun, too (this coming from someone with a fulltime job, 2 gaming laptops, a car, and a decent chunk of change in the bank).

very well said! ha ha except through my work, my boss is giving me a little reward ( I work in a custom computer shop) he has allowed me to pick out several items and walk away no payments! ive already decided it would be a bit of a mean move to just straight out ask for money. So ive decided to take up his offer! I've just a lack of what to get! so many options in the world of technology :p. Ha ha and i found this section of the forum, and thought a great way to see other peoples opinion. So this has gone from a money budget now, to a what would be nice and enhance my system! ( i do apologize about all of this if it is making me sound like a dick, or undeceive, it just hard for me to really choose something without getting second opinions on it) And trust me, you all have been very, very helpful and i have appreciated it all :]

Back