Not open for further replies.
Re: Official ModRetro T-Shirt

Sorta expensive.

I'll still probably buy one :p

Edit:Didn't realize what was going on. Bud is not amused. :evil2:

Uh, no.
It's "a" ModRetro T-Shirt.

You're selling our logo on a shirt.
I should shove my licensing books in your face, but I'm being nice.

You are not affiliated with ModRetro in any way.

This is NOT an "Official" shirt.

You saved the MR logo and then uploaded it to *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing Zazzle as is, expecting people to throw away their money on this flax? I get that you need money or whatever, but god Dang, at least put some effort into it if you're going to rip people off.

This is possibly one of the most retarded threads on here to date.

PPS: "Our Logo" is not a proper term, it's my creation, Thanks for asking if you could put it on a shirt and sell it.

Dick.

Look, I'm not really making flax off this. For each shirt, I only make <$0.80. I need to sell hundreds to make any real money. I made this because we were going to have shirts at the ModRetro store, but you people have made no *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing progress on that in, oh, EVER.

I FIGURED SOME MEMBERS WOULD WANT A SHIRT. I'M SORRY IF I MAKE $5.00 OFF IT. I'LL PAYPAL IT TO THURSTY, THEN.

I'm sorry, you're on staff now?
You have access to my version control system, you've seen the amount of work I pour into the ModRetro Marketplace?

Also, you make over $2 per shirt.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV* you Basement_Modder.

B_M, you know I love you to death and you are totally one of my inter-bros, but I'm going to gauge that this wasn't a good idea based upon the negative response by Donut.

:neutral2:

jleemero said:
I'm sorry, you're on staff now?
You have access to my version control system, you've seen the amount of work I pour into the ModRetro Marketplace?

Also, you make over $2 per shirt.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV* you Basement_Modder.
No, but from what I have heard there isn't much being put into it, and if there is, then thank you. I'll take this down when you start making and selling your own.

Also, I have no clue how much I make per shirt. I assumed it was $0.50 or so, as thats what these *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing corporations generally give people. IT WASN'T ABOUT THE *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING MONEY. THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE MY PAYPAL OR HOME ADDRESS.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV* you jleemero.

If it was really about offering it to the community, you would have put some effort into making it look nice. All it takes is a few minutes of work in Photoshop, GIMP, or even Paint. You could have then linked people to the image so they can make their own shirt on Zazzle or whatever company without anyone on here taking a cut.

Instead you stole Thursty's logo to sell on a shirt, and then advertised it as "Official". And then you get mad when people call you out on it? *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing come on, man.

Zero said:
If it was really about offering it to the community, you would have put some effort into making it look nice. All it takes is a few minutes of work in Photoshop, GIMP, or even Paint. You could have then linked people to the image so they can make their own shirt on Zazzle or whatever company without anyone on here taking a cut.

Instead you stole Thursty's logo to sell on a shirt, and then advertised it as "Official". And then you get mad when people call you out on it? *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing come on, man.
The "official" was due to the fact that its the only one. Anybody can make their own shirt, but this one is pre-made. THEY HAVE NO PAYMENT INFO FOR ME AND I WILL MAKE NOTHING ON THIS.

How the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* would I have made it "nicer" anyway? To advertize a site on a shirt, you do 2 things: Put their logo on it, and put their URL on it. You don't see McDonalds workers wearing shirts with burger king logos on them, do you? No. Why? YOU USE OFFICIAL LOGOS.

WHY THE *Can'tSayThisOnTV* WOULD I GO MAKE A BRAND-NEW LOGO FOR A SHIRT THAT'S SUPPOSED TO ADVERTISE A SITE WITH AN EXISTING ONE???

GOD Dang IT YOU PEOPLE ARE *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING CRAZY AND BUTTHURT. I MAKE NO MONEY, THE SITE MAKES NO MONEY, YOU MAKE NO MONEY, SO SHUT THE *Can'tSayThisOnTV* UP.

I've been sensing a lot of butthurt in this thread... like... from everybody.

Come on, it's just a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing shirt.

Also, Thursty's banner is awesome in it's own way, and totally deserves to be on a shirt.

Basement_Modder said:
The "official" was due to the fact that its the only one. Anybody can make their own shirt, but this one is pre-made. THEY HAVE NO PAYMENT INFO FOR ME AND I WILL MAKE NOTHING ON THIS.

How the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* would I have made it "nicer" anyway? To advertize a site on a shirt, you do 2 things: Put their logo on it, and put their URL on it. You don't see McDonalds workers wearing shirts with burger king logos on them, do you? No. Why? YOU USE OFFICIAL LOGOS.

WHY THE *Can'tSayThisOnTV* WOULD I GO MAKE A BRAND-NEW LOGO FOR A SHIRT THAT'S SUPPOSED TO ADVERTISE A SITE WITH AN EXISTING ONE???

GOD Dang IT YOU PEOPLE ARE *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING CRAZY AND BUTTHURT. I MAKE NO MONEY, THE SITE MAKES NO MONEY, YOU MAKE NO MONEY, SO SHUT THE *Can'tSayThisOnTV* UP.

You're really coming off as an ass, nor do I think you comprehend what butthurt is (what exactly would I be butthurt about again?). Instead of responding with juvenile insults and caps lock rage, all you had to say to Jlee/Thursty was something to the effect of "Sorry my bad, should have asked first" and this would have all been done and over with.

To use your own example of a big corporation, try selling a shirt with the official Disney or Mcdonalds logo on it. You'll get sued up the ass for that flax, because its illegal. Not many people would have payed $20+ for a logo on a white shirt anyway, which is why I said you should have made a REAL shirt design.

Stop acting like you're the victim here, because if you can't realize you at least should have asked for permission first, then you're being completely ignorant to everyone else involved. Just admit it was an innocent *Can'tSayThisOnTV* up and everyone can move on, because by acting so defensive and cursing everyone out, you're making yourself and what you did seem much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back