Un-Trimable

Solyhatra

Singing Heck Raven
Hey...

Anyone here know how much of a PSOne's motherboard you can trim off? (slimline version not the chunky version)

In fact, tell me the Un-Trimable area's for differant consoles... I need to know and it would benefit noobie modders wondering how to do this..

P.S can anyone with an answer post pics of it maybe? if not dont worry no big deal... :sweat: :dah:

There is a sticky in the N64 section that ShockSlayer did, and a sticky in the Sega section about the Genesis 3.

Most people don't actually even trim their motherboards, other than a small amount of grounding once in a while.

If you really want to know about the slim psone's mobo, best thing is to tear it apart and take a look. Obvious grounding spots can usually be trimmed, sometimes controller port and memory card areas if you're willing to trace their connections.

AFAIK the PSone is 4-layer, so you can't really trim it. Even on 4-layer boards the grounding is usually trimmable, however.

XCVG said:
AFAIK the PSone is 4-layer, so you can't really trim it. Even on 4-layer boards the grounding is usually trimmable, however.

Yea you can trim the ground area on a psone slim board. And you can trim a fair amount off all 4 corners also.

Trimming is only really useful for single or two layer boards. Something like the snes phat or nes can be greatley reduced. See my tinypnes thread in the nes section to see what I mean.

Back