general a/v and possible power supply wiring

Hi peeps

Considering building a multi power / av unit to connect all my consoles up so that I can just effectively turn something on and play it...

As I'm looking to use rgb scart for most of them I was wondering how it might affect video signals if I just have a series of female scart sockets connected to one output (possibly via a framemeister!) or would I need to put some kind of switch in there? How would I reduce any quality loss?

Also would it be possible to put an inline headphone socket that would work for all attached consoles?

I'd kinda like to do the same with power supplies too but that isn't too important as I know I'm more likely to blow myself or worse my consoles up!!!

I can follow schematics and capable of building/fixing cables and consoles but never really tried to come up with anything myself!

Would like to use quality parts too so it will last!

Consoles I'd like to include:

Sega Mega drive (arriving tomorrow!! Woop woop!)
Sega dreamcast
N64
Gamecube
Ps2 slim

Also looking to get a snes and nes in the near future so it may be worth adding them too

I understand it may not be possible but if anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful of any help!!

I don't have enough time to draw up a schematic but, I can tell you how.

You can use a series of multiplexers from the consoles to the TV, one for each data line. On SCART it seems as if there are 8 different signals that must be independent of the other consoles, so i recommend that you get eight 8-bit multiplexers. One for each signal, then you can use the control pins on each multiplexer to select which console you use.

Here is a text diagram:
Code:
---SNES----\
---NES----| \
---SMD----|  |
---DRCS---|  |
---NU64---|  |----TV
---GC-----|  |
---PS2----| /
-----------/
  |   |   |
  |   |   |