Two different screens two different problems.

So I've bought two screens so far for my first N64 portable build both from eBay both took forever to arrive

The 5" screen has the rolling video issue that I've read about in many forums but seems yet to be resolved.

The 7" screen struggles to display correct colours and creates a sort of fluctuating rainbow of colours where solid colours should be.

But that's not the weirdest part. I've tested these screens with 16 different games through 2 different N64 consoles. Some games actually work!!! Some games only partially work.

I've compiled a list of the games working and not:
(EUR) Turok 2: works flawlessly
(EUR) Armorines: works flawlessly
(AUS) Star Wars Rougue Squadron: works flawlessly
(AUS) SW Episode 1 Racer: game works flawlessly, menus have video issues
(AUS) Perfect Dark: intro works flawlessly, menu and game have video issues
(AUS) Super Mario 64: video issues
(EUR) Zelda MM: video issues
(AUS) Zelda OOT: video issues
(AUS) Aero Gauge: video issues
(EUR) Extreme G: video issues
(UKV) Forsaken: video issues
(EUR) Carmageddon 64: video issues
(AUS) Blast Corps: video issues
(AUS) Lylat Wars: video issues
(AUS) Pilot Wings: video issues
(EUR) Mortal Kombat 4: video issues

I don't understand why some games work or what commonality the working/semi-working games share. Can anyone please help, I've got just about everything for my portable just about wired up and ready just worried about ordering another screen from eBay and being set back another 3-5 weeks until a new screen arrives only to be stopped by the same roadblock thats halted progress for over 2 months.

Has anyone else had issues with these eBay screens or have I just picked the only two incompatable screens that eBay has to offer?

What kind of voltage are you putting in them? EBay screens can usually run anywhere from 5-20 volts so somewhere in the middle is usually a sweet spot.

12volts for both as specified in the manual however both run perfectly well on 9 volts. I don't think it's a matter of voltage because the problems only happens on certain games, or within certain parts of others. Pod racer for example has video issues only in the main menu the video signal while playing the game is flawless.

Both consoles I tested the games with are original and unaltertered with an official Nintendo video cable. The video works fine on my TV and on a portable DVD player I've recently bought, just doesn't seem to work on these two eBay screens I was planning to use for my N64 portable.

Back