Transistor method for shoulder buttons

naimlessone

Zenlocs guide is busted in the sticky. Does anyone know how to do this or would point me to a working diagram of it?

Here's the diagram that I use. I would draw up my own for you if I had the time. I can say that I really can't recommend the single tact method as it has a tendency to automatically register trigger presses. This is only noticeable to me during Super Smash Brothers Melee and in the gc controller test though. Maybe others have had more luck, but in the 4 times that I've attempted the mod, I've had the same result each time.

7yqupy5u.jpg

Well the way that I plan to play/use my portable is this:

1) SSBM is a party game IMO, and as such would necessitate the use of 4 regular plug in controllers, which the built in multiplayer ports allow.

2) Where Super Mario Sunshine requires the use of the soft and hard press would have to be played on an external TV with a plug in controller, along with any other game that would require the double press.

So what I'm thinking is if I only need it for certain games, I'll just have to plan on playing on a full size TV. Which, IMO, is no big deal given the vast majority of the games I played and still play don't really require it.

Edit: Also THANK YOU! I'm glad someone had it to post. I've been trying to keep some notes on things as I go and I'll end up re-drawing that a little neater and I'll repost it at some point.

1) I play smash competitively, so I often practice on my portables in my spare time. Although I have been weening myself off of competitive smash recently... Also, I did mention that I've only noticed it in smash bros and it could possibly effect other games as well, so there's that. I haven't gotten the chance to try many other games out to be honest.

2) Super Mario Sunshine is the only one that really uses it anyways. F Zero kind of does, but it's nowhere near as essential in SMS.

Honestly, if it weren't for the automatic pressing issue I would probably be more inclined to use it. I just don't want to risk it affecting the game play in other games that I may not have tried yet. Having external controller ports certainly helps out though.

Also, you're welcome :)

Back