Top half of a decapitated DS; what should I do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
It will look like a black rectangle, with two little leads coming off the bottom.

You are so wrong it just burns my eyes out.

Those little pieces of wierd shiny stuff and the reflector? That was the backlight. If you can reassemble it in the order you found it, you are good, but it looks like you've already ruined it :facepalm:
How have I ruined it?

J.D said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
It will look like a black rectangle, with two little leads coming off the bottom.

Those little pieces of wierd shiny stuff and the reflector? That was the backlight. If you can reassemble it in the order you found it, you are good, but it looks like you've already ruined it :facepalm:
How have I ruined it?

You didn't, unless you don't remember what order the films were in.

You want to pull off the LCD, and use all those pieces together.

From there, you can either feed between 12-18v into the backlight ribbon cable (It goes to that strip of SMT LEDs), or you will have to use other LEDs pointed into the diffusion material.

I keep saying I will make an LED backlight guide, but you know how IRL is. :( It should be done soon, though, as in, before the Fourth of July. :p Will it be posted by then?... I will find a way.

Also: That power rangers pic is the most hilarious picture I have seen in the past week, no joke. :lol: I absolutely love it, and almost want to make my avatar that pic of the red ranger.

Basement_Modder said:
J.D said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:

How have I ruined it?

Actually, I am referring to the scratches - even the slighest overlaps or abrasive handling can cause permenant ugly scratches.

Bibin said:
Basement_Modder said:
J.D said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:

How have I ruined it?

Actually, I am referring to the scratches - even the slighest overlaps or abrasive handling can cause permenant ugly scratches.

Thats what I thought you meant for a second, but I figured, hey, don't argue with Bibin. You'll get yo ass burned.

Whatever, I still have my Typhoon and it's nukes.

In all seriousness, there's really not much you can do with the top half of a DS. The lower half is WAY more useful. Save the speakers, you can use them later.

XCVG said:
Whatever, I still have my Typhoon and it's nukes.

In all seriousness, there's really not much you can do with the top half of a DS. The lower half is WAY more useful. Save the speakers, you can use them later.

flax...about the speakers...

two%20thumbs%20up.jpeg

Thanks for the warning! I'll take heed to it - and end my useless posts! Does this count as a useless post? I think not... Oh, and this topic can be closed nao, so I'll shoot a mod a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back