ThildCube (ZE) lyb's second Portable GC ~Recent update~

Re: ThildCube (ZE) lyb's second Portable GC

Wowowowowowowowow, Nice man, just nice. Keep that flax up.

As for the Wiikey problem, I've never been able to fix that particular issue. I've always had to get a new board. Oddly enough, on the board I had that acted like that with the Wiikey, the WODE worked fine on.

Dang... you're talking about a GC board right? I guess I will have to then..

Yea, honestly I've only run into that issue like twice, and didn't really spend a whole lot of time troubleshooting. If you do manage to fix it make sure to let us know what you did.

EDIT: the problem maybe easily fixed by flashing swiss to the wiikey. Not sure though, I'd definately try it though.

ShockSlayer said:
Oh hey.

Just, uh.
Just to let you know.

That's the best godDang color.

SS

Basically, it's *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing great.

Yeah... I figured I'd give swiss a try, it's gonna take a lot of guide reading I suppose but meh.. In your experience, how does that work so far?

As for the color, thanks, keep in mind that these pics got their share of auto levels in photoshop.. But I do love that green, I also intend to add yellow outlines.

It works perfectly, and its much more convenient and useful than the flaxty stock wiikey menu thing. The only thing Emu hasn't added yet is multi-disc game support.

Holy *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing god.
That case.
That color.

:eek: Thats a relly nice colour. And a really nice case. I thougt your first one looked great and this one looks even better. Even my mom liked it :rofl:
Is it montana gold?

It's montana Black actually, pretty much the same deal :awesome:

EDIT : Nevermind I found the gc-forever wiki....

However I'm still unsure on one point. Is the usage of an SD guecko on slot B now obsolete? What about the SPDT switch?

Also, do I really need to flash my wiikey or could I just play GC isos on swiss through slot B?

Sorry for all the questions guys

lyberty5 said:
Is the usage of an SD guecko on slot B now obsolete?

Not quite yet. I'd keep it for now.

lyberty5 said:
What about the SPDT switch?

The Wiikey "eject switch"? Yes, its still needed.

lyberty5 said:
Also, do I really need to flash my wiikey or could I just play GC isos on swiss through slot B?

Its up to you of course, Flashing Swiss to your wiikey is going to be the only way to see if that motherboard will work or not though. As I said before, having swiss flashed to your wiikey has lots of benefits. Such as Fat32 SD support(no more WBFS Manager), widescreen forcing, 480p(ntsc)/576p(pal) forcing, cheats support, etc, etc, etc.

this is very nice, lyberty :)
love the case color. link's color from zelda, eh?
awesome.
and with a yellow outline, it can resemble the GBA that Tingle gave link in Wind Waker that you use the GBA for a mini game or something?

can't wait to see your finished portable v2.

Holy Heck, I just saw this and I'm speechless. If you gave me this portable to play I think I would just sit there and admire the paint job.

120903104307143350.png

I... can't look away! It's... so... beautiful!

Bad news guys, I can't get my wiikey to work anymore.. The blue led just stays on all the time the cube is turned on, and it doesn't boot up, just like if there were no disc drive..

I don't know how that happened, since it worked before.. But now that everything has been epoxyed in, I guess I'm pretty much *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed...

So with this thing about not being able to choose the game, I think I might as well just get a new cube and start over...

Sucks.. I'm really hoping someone will come up with an awesome solution, but I doubt it ..

Yes, bad news lyberty5!!!
The only thing i can say is a trick from Hailrazer for remove hot glue easily.

Using 91% Isopropyl Alcohol.
Or De-Natured Alcohol.

Good Luck!!

(Thanks to Hailrazer)

You can remove epoxy with a bit of heat and alot of patience. Get it freed up and check all your wiring again. Wiikrys can be super finicky, so much so that at certain times just having my fingers next to the wires/chip is enough to make it act funny.

Back