The Wingman Worklog (Portable gamecube) UPDATE *01/01/11*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Wingman Worklog (Portable gamecube) UPDATE *05/06/10*

Sorry about not updating for a couple weeks, I was procrastinating about setting up my miter saw, but I finally got my mold cut and sanded. The mold looks really square but it is sanded on the edges so it's rounded off.
DSC02618.jpg

Home depot didn't have any * x 2's so I had to glue two boards together to get the mold.
PIC_0036.jpg

*sigh* I really have to clean my room.
By the way that is the moonlight 64 case in the background, it died about 6 months after I finished it. I used really crappy wire from an old telephone cord I found, it was horrible stuff. I'll probably reincarnate the portable one of these days.

By the way updates will probably be a little slow for this project, I'm moving across town when school is over so a lot of stuff will be packed up, it shouldn't take too long to set my work shop back up though.

Also I got my wavebird controller in the mail, cost like $15 :(

Hey don't let anything get you down Ben!

I know exactly how you feel right now, and just let me tell you; It will all pay off in the end.

Just take some time to assess your situation, maybe clean/organize a bit, and refocus on your current task. ;)

Always works for :awesomethursty: !

Those clamps are so much nicer than what I have. I would just put the glue in and put an anvil on it. XD

Ooooh, SOMEone's using my awesome name :awesome:

That thing is going to be nice but i wonder how heavy it will be. I meen it does have a freekin huge battery.

Indeed it does, thuse the abs cement wings.

You are using cement for the wings? Not saying it a bad idea, i could think of worce but the batery + cement + all the other junk you need to put into the thing is going to make it kind of heavy.

Yeah I'm going to be using abs cement.

SUMMER MEANS EPIC UPDATES WHERE ARE THEY OH NO HOW DID I GET HERE I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTER

Re: The Wingman Worklog (Portable gamecube) UPDATE *08/04/10*

:awesome:

btw, why did you put abs cement on the corners of your case? is it that corners are thin when vacuum formed?
nevermind if i'm mistaken :dahroll:

DD boards are interchangeable, don't worry bout that. You might have to tweak the laser pot though.

SS

It's actually JB weld, corners can crack easy when getting the mold out, but the screw posts will be right there so it won't be a problem, just filler.

Looking great :awesome: I love it. The fan setup is brilliant.

I'm probably not going to be working on it for a while though, except for replacing the board, I'm in the middle of building a computer so money is tight, I did get a job 2 weeks ago though.

Looks like I'm going to have to tear apart another gamecube. I don't know what's wrong with it but I'm pretty sure it's the power converter, I'm hearing a noise from it and the fan that's hooked in PARALLEL directly with the power supply isn't going.

So if the power converter is pulling power away from the working fan (tested on a different power supply) enough to keep it from functioning, and getting an error message on the boot screen, it's probably broken.

I'm tempted to build zenlocs power converter, but I'm comparing that to modding my other gamecube and having to remove the memory card slots, then again I could just get some quik chip stuff and make it easy on myself.

Either way I'm going to do more case work first then starting hacking away at the gamecube.

error message on the boot screen? Can you elaborate? Sometimes the power board will get messed up for mysterious reasons. I had some major delays about a month ago because I managed to ruin 2 powerboards within days of eachother. Hopefully you have a spare board to make testing easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back