-Full press + "click" l and r triggers
-WKF(wasp) and sd gecko
-1h of gameplay on batteries
-Audio jack
-Player 2 port
-original controls

Video coming soon :)

tell me what you guys think :D

I like it! I didn't read your buildlog, is the case 3d printed? It looks good. I dunno about that D-pad, though. :)
Also, 12V AC in? :lol:

Merci Pinotte !

@bentendo yeah DC in i know x) i swear i wanted to put DC but the Dymo sticker printed took control haha
yes the case, shoulder buttons ans Dpad are 3D printed. I since those pictures painted the Dpad that looks really bad here

3D printing seems like it's saving the portable making process a lot of time. How long does it generally take to draft up a case and have it printed?

Great work btw.

I'm a beginner in solidworks and it took me about 6 hours to draw the case :)
And the great thing about it is that you can try small prints to see if everything fits.
Both halves took about 8 hours each to print. The holes are at the perfect shape, you can make your case the way you want if and even include things like spacers for the batteries or little "walls" for your screen not to move :).

and i think that the gamecube is harder to make a case for (different size/shape buttons analog triggers etc..) so i guess with a simpler console you could be faster at drawing the case. If you need any help just ask :)

Yeah that's way faster then spending a week on making a case yourself. Even if you vacuum form it painting and everything else would still take 1-2 weeks.

If I decide to 3D print a case I'll be sure you PM you for tips. Thanks!

Love the two tone case. Reading your worklog I saw 10 hours for the front, about the same for the back? Any pictures of the bottom too? Looks like you have 2 power switches, just wondering what that is about.

Noah said:
3D printing seems like it's saving the portable making process a lot of time. How long does it generally take to draft up a case and have it printed?

Great work btw.

In my experience it pretty much works out to about the same. All the designing, modeling, tweaking, printing (including failed prints) and any post production finishing, it works to about the same amount of time as as creating a case from scratch via frankencasing, bondo/sanding sanding sanding. Depending on the case of course, and I do have a smaller print volume so a lot of my time is spent designing and tweaking the model so it will puzzle piece together correctly while maintaining stability. Works out better if you keep reusing the design and not a one off as well.

edit: guess I took too long writing this post as more replies since I started and most things answered.

wallydawg said:
Love the two tone case. Reading your worklog I saw 10 hours for the front, about the same for the back? Any pictures of the bottom too? Looks like you have 2 power switches, just wondering what that is about.

Noah said:

Great work btw.

In my experience it pretty much works out to about the same. All the designing, modeling, tweaking, printing (including failed prints) and any post production finishing, it works to about the same amount of time as as creating a case from scratch via frankencasing, bondo/sanding sanding sanding. Depending on the case of course, and I do have a smaller print volume so a lot of my time is spent designing and tweaking the model so it will puzzle piece together correctly while maintaining stability. Works out better if you keep reusing the design and not a one off as well.

edit: guess I took too long writing this post as more replies since I started and most things answered.

Yes in total with failed prints it took about 10 hours, but alone the halves were 8h each :)
I'll post more pics of the botton soon. Yes i have 2 switches, one for the main On/Off, and a second one to choose between wall power or batteries. (i modded a stdrd on/off switch to be a on/on switch)

Back