The Perfect Video Game (in your opinion)

ShockSlayer said:
Hmm, I guess if I had to I would say Super Smash Bros. Melee would be the closest game I could think of if I had to name one game. Host of different charactors, intense replay value, perfect multiplayer, better than Brawl and SSB in my obviously correct opinion. :awesome:

Thing you gotta remember is, certain games are masterpieces in their own right, so I could add games to the list like Super Mario World, any GBC/N64/GC Zelda, Paper Mario, ect. I have a host of favorite games, but honestly I can't say one game is perfect.

SS
FINALLY, SOMEBODY I CAN RELATE TO

mako321 said:
ShockSlayer said:
Hmm, I guess if I had to I would say Super Smash Bros. Melee would be the closest game I could think of if I had to name one game. Host of different charactors, intense replay value, perfect multiplayer, better than Brawl and SSB in my obviously correct opinion. :awesome:

Thing you gotta remember is, certain games are masterpieces in their own right, so I could add games to the list like Super Mario World, any GBC/N64/GC Zelda, Paper Mario, ect. I have a host of favorite games, but honestly I can't say one game is perfect.

SS
FINALLY, SOMEBODY I CAN RELATE TO
YES!

Castle Crashers.

Not only from one of my favorite game developers and childhood hero's, Tom fulp and Dan paladin of Newgrounds fame, but it has all the things i consider to be awesome:

1.Good epic music to fit the feel of all the levels, Either produced by them themselves or Various known newgrounds audio portal artists. After all, music makes half of a game.
2.Humor. All games should have humor. Castle crashers sure does have it.
3. Replayablity. This game is built on that. Its purposely short because you unlock a new character every time, so you can replay the game with all sorts of different characters.
4. Good multiplayer. Once again, the game is built for multiplayer. I think its better to play with your friends for the extra fun of making fun of each other, and people online are probably way stronger than you anyway.
5. Good skill challenge. The game is easy to an extent, but also very challenging. Im guessing even more so on insane mode.
6. Art style. I just love the cartoon-y style that characterizes their games, and flash games in general, which it is based on.

Some other games that i think of perfect are Super Mario Bros wii, the super smash bros series, and games like link to the past, blah kirby blah wind waker blah n64 mario titles etc etc etc....

Final Fantasy 6 is my perfect game.

-Amazing array of characters for an RPG
-Very detailed story-line that grabbed me from the beginning.
-Versatile game play. Whenever it seems like it might get a little repetitive, a new character comes up, or a completely different scenario.
-Has one of the few Final Fantasy villains to actually accomplish something.
-Perfect soundtrack. I love listening to the music from this game (my favourite being "Devil's Laboratory" played in the Magitek factory)
-Great blend of emotions portrayed. One minute you're laughing at Sabin and Gau, and the next you're feeling sorry for Terra.
-Just the right amount of difficulty for even the best gamer.
-More than enough side quests and endgame material to keep you playing for hours.

Best game ever created in my opinion. Been playing it ever since I was 5 or 6. Still do a play through every so often now.

Either Mertal Gear Solid 4 or Legend of Zelda:WW. Metal Gear Solid 4 had the perfect end to the series, beautiful music, and amazing visuals. Legend of Zelda:WW had the amazing cell-shaded art, the best story in LoZ, and the best music in the series.

Minecraft

Though the graphics blow the possiblilities are endless. Everyone who hasn't heard of it yet look it up now

:tophat: for me it has to LoZ OOT, because it has been out for 12 years and I STILL play it like it is new! Also I would say MegaMan Legends is almost perfect but that is really more my fan boy speaking lol

All of these games are garbage except Mother 3.

Mass Effect is pretty average.
Bioshock sucks.
Portal was good, but boring after I finished.
Castle Of Illusion is meh
TMNT4 is pretty boring
Garry's Mod isn't even a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing game.
Metro 2033 sucks dick.
Fallout 2 > Fallout 3 by a lot
Starcraft is lame nowadays
Team Fortress 2 is *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing boring as all flax
I can't hate on Pong.
Epicelite's opinions never matter.
Super Mario 64 is boring after you beat it
Super Mario World is also boring after you beat it
Super Smash Bros. Melee is a fighting game for people who can't play real fighting games
Majora's Mast > OOT
Castle Crashers is boring
Final Fantasy 6 pissed me off when the world was destroyed
Metal Gear Solid 4 is a steaming pile of flax
Wind Waker was *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing tedious
Minecraft is boring after a while
Guild Wars is full of little kids, and is an MMO so it's automatically flax
Ocarina Of Time is flax compared to Majora's Mask
Holy God, Megaman Legends sucks so hard

Perfect Game in my opinion?
The Trolling Game.

Or Mother 3.

Well, you know.

Doom 2.

Name one other game that has anywhere near the replay value/capability.

Hours logged in doom 2 = <20
Hours logged in Quake = <50
Hours logged in TES4: Oblivion = > 400
Hours logged in ME1 = >400
Hours logged in Fallout 3 = >700
Hours logged in ME2 + >500

I think that says something about the replay value of games.

I can't even play Doom 2, it's so old and (by today's standards) crappy. Half-Life 2 was amazing the first time I played it. After that, not so much. Mass Effect I played three times- the first two were really fun. Strangely, the game I played through the most is Call of Duty 4, which is very short and very linear. Odd.

LOL

Hours logged in Doom 2 - >1,500. And that's obnoxiously conservative. I don't want to admit how many hours I've actually put into that game.
Hours logged in FFX, probably my second-most played game - >500.
Hours logged in Soul Calibur's various incarnations - >1000.

robm said:
LOL

Hours logged in Doom 2 - >1,500. And that's obnoxiously conservative. I don't want to admit how many hours I've actually put into that game.

The first step in solving the problem is admitting you have it.

Back