/home, /spawn and /back please? ::3:

Re: The Official ModRetro Minecraft Server [New Poll Within]

"Zero_D"

Added you two.

Antome said:
/home, /spawn and /back please? ::3:
Nope! :awesome:

Mostly because it's a mod-free server (and I'm pretty set on it being that way). I dunno, maybe if you can convince me why I should add those then I might.

/spawn is great if you don't want to die plus yknow, it takes you to spawn. /home and /back would be super convenient for traveling between home and somewhere you are exploring. I don't see that as "cheating" at all, and it makes ones life so much easier. It also means you wont lose all your stuff if you do die Far away from spawn. Also, having a base far away from spawn would be super annoying travel wise, if we didn't have /home.

Pwease? ::3:

those are cheating. making places accessible is part of the game. You want to get there and back easily? Build a rail system more maybe make a shortcut through The Neather.

That's my philosophy. I don't think I should add anything that significantly changes how the game functions. Dying and rushing back to get your items before they disappear is a major part of the game! :p

I'm all for accessibility, and having a personal warp makes so much sense. Cheating? I suppose that's one way to exaggerate convenience.

Running from your bed to the place you died 2K away is A: not fun, and B: probably not going to work if there is any stretch of water between you and it, boat or not.

On another note, could just be me but some items seem to despawn faster than others on the server (xp, bows, ignots, swords, etc).

I wouldn't do /back, but /spawn is just really convenient for meeting up with people at spawn without having to die. /home is helpful because, although you can change your spawn in single player, I'm pretty sure you can't do it in vanilla multiplayer (unless they fixed that).Otherwise, it just means everyone will be too scared to build or explore far away from spawn. Its not really cheating at all.

I'm offended you would accuse me of lying.

I didn't realize the first character was a zero. It's fixed now.

Name is AbyssPWNS. I might get on every now and then. Does the server have a Spleef arena? If not, I can build one that punishes you with death. :twisted:

Soulshock said:
My user is nuthen1 nuff said

You also griefed the flax out of our old server nuff said

AfroLH.

What's the ip/server address?

Back