The MCp (MoRZi-CUBE Portable) My Gamecube Portable(Canceled)

MoRZiLLo

Hi All!!!

First Attempt to make my own portable.

This is my new project. I started a few days ago and some progress before posting.

This project is a Hobby for me!!! I need some practice before and learn all as i can.

I'm not use soldering machine last 21 years!!!!!!!!! I practice some months ago and today i'm prepared again :lol:

I have A Gamecube PAL Revision A
Portable DVD Case and some parts
4.3" ebay Screen[*]7" screen is bad!!! And is only RGB!!! No output for Composite and without Video IN :cry:
Laptop 4300mAh 14.8v battery and charger.
a few pics of my advances:

P1000395.jpg

P1000397.jpg

P1000398.jpg

P1000406.jpg

P1000423.jpg

My BAD Screen(need new one and better Video IN, sound inside etc...)
2012-06-26224807.jpg

Need some parts and work on case, but I'm very happy with this project and my little advances in it.

Stay alert!!!

Sorry my bad explainings I'm try to speak as better as i can :confused:

Re: The MCp (MoRZi-CUBE Portable) My Gamecube Portable Workl

Is that the screen driver board? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Is that the entire DVD-Player Board. The screen board is on bottom of the screen. Is tiny but only output RGB and need the DVD-Board.
I learning the philips manual and it's a poor screen. 7" is BIG for my project.

I try to buy a new one on ebay a 4.3" With Video IN and audio inside. It's cheap!!! And small than this beast 7" :awesome:

I found THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P1000440.jpg

It's my old PSP AMP!!! Only for FAT PSP(psp1000)

My old PSP FAT dies some years ago. I have a SLIM PSP(psp2004) and this amp it's not for Slim PSP's.

I'm Lucky! Tried to open and watch what can do with it :mrgreen:

Really WORKS!!!!! Is wonderfull have this amp around :D

Most back part of case is done. I decided to preserve disc drive because i low of money....

But when i have some money, i'll going to the market and buy pieces for my cube.

I have cut the back of the case to fit de DVD-Drive and trimmed DD a little to fit better. Glued some parts and fan and put this horrible case-DVD?

Top of DD(back of case)
P1000443.jpg

The top of the 25 DVD+R hehe ...sorry. I can't explain better.

The amp is done too. I removed some parts and "undressing" the speakers and the sound is very high!!!!

I need some help with this part.

I use the original(oficial) 5V charger for PSP to put 5V to the amp. I need to relocate to the GC board or Powerboard? How?
The + and - ....??? I don't know how.

I used TChay's trick for sound. I don't hear anything. Put the little resistor to 5V and the sound is loud and crappy but yeah!!!

Put the amp left and right audio wired to Video left and right audio(in the TV out Conector from Kasar's guide) in the pins. And later wired to tiny pot between mobo and Mobo AMP. I need to explain better but need some help in this.

Most part of the wiring is done, other parts like relocation of battery, led, pad etc...need some time because I'm only have one control pad :oops:

Ohhhh I don't have account on youtube. I upload to photobucket my videos and pics.

TEASER 1

I modded the lid switch of the DD. I put another conector and glued. The GC-DD is always closed. Need to restart or OFF to change DVD.
It's a trick for moment...in future planing to make a new one with a tact switch.

See ya!

A little update!!
DD done and AMP Done. Fans and maybe the back of the case(not final case)
2012-07-09204035.jpg

A image proof that works fine
2012-07-09204059.jpg

DD and Fan Glued
2012-07-09204124.jpg

2012-07-09204133.jpg

2012-07-09204148.jpg

NEW FAN SLIM!!!
2012-07-09223644.jpg

Frankencase closed(it's not final case,only a mold!!!
2012-07-09223656.jpg

2012-07-09223702.jpg

2012-07-09223739.jpg

2012-07-09223748.jpg

And Here is a Video Teaser 2!!
TEASER 2

This is not a REAL case. It's a mold. I put this to take an idea what need to fit my entire MCp.

I planned to make my own vacuum or if i can't, try with wood or ABs cement...I don't know.
Yeah it's my first try! In my second try i will put wiikey fusion, trimm motherboard and make a tiny case and GCp.

Thanks for watching :D

And SORRY for my tarzan english :rolleyes:

I found this on my house ;)
P1000445.jpg

It's from my old 2004 laptop.

P1000446.jpg

P1000447.jpg

P1000448.jpg

And buy a new 4.3" screen.

I'll try to update in next week and make the new and final case.

Gracias socio! I know that is very simple, but it's my first intent. I never made before a nes,snes n64 or whatever.

I have a Quantam Fighter Pad from my old Dreamcast!!! jajajaja

When i can(i'm in a bed with a viral/virus last 3 days, llevo enfermo 3 dias en la cama sin poder hacer nada) i'll try to put those triggers in my Portable :D

esas batterias no tienen precio mano usalas con cuidado esas no avisan al esplotal pero d q son buenas son buenas

thecasperrojas said:
esas batterias no tienen precio mano usalas con cuidado esas no avisan al esplotal pero d q son buenas son buenas

Hombre si no han explotado en 8 años ...dudo que lo hagan así por así...

todo lo q queria desir es ponle un pcb bro por q esas batterias solo aguantan asta 300 degree de calor despues de hay booooooom bro trust me unas iguales iva usar yo y por penXXXX se expoltaron

Yes man!!! But only need to transform this in wires
PCB_original_2.jpg

PCB_original_1.jpg

It's original PCB from Laptop and came with batteries. I don't intend to left out this PCB.
I'm thinking about this letters. "GND" is obious ;) and "+" too...

The others can be or not...
"ID" Identification from Laptop¿?
"BI" I don't know...
"TS" I don't know...
"SMD" Something to discharge¿?
"SMC" Smart Charge¿?

Supongo que sabiendo que significa podría uilizar su propia placa PCB y el cargador del laptop.

ok in that part your good to go and all you have to bypass is the ID all the needs is 3.0 to 3.5 is the most it can be feed in to the other simbles are for the laptop mother bored is self and it cherges tru the + and - so your good to go

Here is my pics from battery of the laptop running the entire GC plus DD and Fans(almost at 20% of charge amount 32minutes).
2012-07-15195031.jpg

2012-07-15195106.jpg

2012-07-15195129.jpg

And here's a video:
TEASER 3

Sorry but the video is in spanish because i'm poor at english and slow to speak :(

This is only a very initial test of the battery CAN power entire Gamecube.

I have a little problem with my battery. My Laptop don't charge them(to test before make external from laptop).

I'll found this:
http://www.jcbarn.com/exbachsforac29.html but 65$ + shipping(26$)=93$ It's expensive...

I'll try to found another way to charge without use my old laptop. The plug of charger is crappy and fails. Sometimes charge fine, but others can't charge 1%

It's time to think other path...

Anyway, Started the original case and try to clean all mess_(wires,black tape,amp and other messed things)

In three days i'm FREE!!! Take holydays from 20_July to 3_September!!!! 43 days!!!! Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Time to clean and advance much more ;)

I recently discover that my battery got 36.4v!!!!!! It's Yellow conected to "+" and Black to the "GND" This is incorrect and harm my GC!!

I played 28 minutes and not fried, but battery's drain at left half hour.

I'm try to see more into this battery and try to put the correct values(16v or 14V is great) I found the "-" and "+" that can have my 14/16V that i need, but when connect to my Gamecube, don't turn ON The posibility one is a full discharge off batery and reconnect to the charger for two hours to charge at full or 80%...

I found three type of outs in the battery:

16V = correct Value
36V = incorrect Posible to match 24V+12V i don't know
7.4V= Incorrect value and posible the CUT off to charge
24V= Incorrect value, maybe this is for external chargethe PCB makes all the rest.

I'll try to full of charge and put wires to 16V

I need to resolve thisbefore i start to try in my cube, the posibilities of fail and explode are 50%
Need to probe with multimeter what the f*** is the correct output to Gamecube before fry my little project.

I post pics sooner or later with my multimeter and the values and pins in PCB.

I'm a bit of messy with the english terms and don't understand all the pages read in the web and the diagrams. It's time to learn more and more! :cry:

For the moment, my old stuff is destroyed(the test case) and restart again. I go to new case(tuperware) and put the things in other form. Like superben51 project in portrait and mantains the original DD.

Go to work again...

Man! That is a very good and express portable, i wish to have one of those screens, vamos! Terminalo morzi!

juankamq said:
Man! That is a very good and express portable, i wish to have one of those screens, vamos! Terminalo morzi!

Thanks! But this is a LAPTOP xD
My GC project havn't case yet. I started a new one with fabolous "tupperware" :oops:

Fix the conector of the Laptop charger. Put a little flux and put iron into the "broked" pin, and run again!!!

Charging.....

Ahhhhhhh, and now, my original DC adapter from gamecube doesn't run anymore. Can be posible to fix with a fuse¿?

I bough new gamecube for pieces.(9 euro) It's PAL and no play games.DD problem=??? hahaha ONE NEW BOARD FOR ME!!!! :twisted:
I bough new screen 4.3" 800x480 resolution.(45 euro) Waiting... :confused:
I bough new gamepad. (3 euro) :awesome:

I found another two batteries from my old laptops. This is crazy but i'm ok to not buy batteries. All is in my house.
I will try other packs and the winner going inside of my MCp.

The case is in progress , bough some new tools that need to make the case better than a cutter and pliers.

All things are in the correct way for myself.And into future playing a portable.

Back