The 0wnage 64 Worklog

0wnage Modz

Well, I decided to open up my 64, and thought it was time for me to make a portable. It's 1am here in Michigan right now, so I won't be doing anything else tonight, or today whatever. Tomorrow I'll be doing the usual cartridge slot re-location.

What I Have:
N64
Case (N64 Shell)
All tools needed.
Screen

What I Need:
Batteries

Making this portable may take me a while because I started school, and I don't know how much homework and free time I will get.

Re: 0wnage Modz's first N64 Portable!

Sweet! I'm looking forward to seeing this.

sounds cool idk about doing it in school try weekends i find it impossible to work on anything after school and homework

Cant wait!

I will be using the n64 shell, it seems like a good case for my first portable.

n64 shell is cool it was so awesome shockslayer put his first portables in them and look how awesome they turned out
IMG_0097.jpg

bling.jpg

entireunit.jpg

these are awesome but at least he has amazing experience now from building so many

Bush said:
braaaiiiinnnnsss any progress?
Yes, I am almost finished with the front half of the case. I don't have a screen, so that's really all that's left with a bit of sanding. Pictures as soon as it's sanded.

Hrduncan said:
Hows the n64 part coming?
Well, so far I have done almost nothing to the motherboard, but removed the port on the other side. I will be doing the Cartridge Re-location once I get the hole cut for where it will go on the case. That way, I will know how long to cut the wire I use. I have also got most of the controller cut up, and will re-wire the traces as soon as I can. I'm not sure if I will work on it tomorrow or not, beacuse I have to get ready for school. :wtf:

Thanks, I will be posting some pictures later today, after I get some sleep. Tomorrow (Today, it's 1am here,) I'll finish up the controller, and look for a screen. Oh, and some batteries. Those are important too. After I get a screen, I'll mount everything onto the front half of the case. Lots more to do after that.

nice the case is looking really good! what size screen are you using?

Update! The cartridge slot relocation is almost done. I stilll need to finish up and get my wires soldered to some of the pins. Pictures, (and I'm hoping success pictures,) as soon as I'm done after school.

Back