Swiss: Stuck at init WKF

PSIDuck

I already searched the internet, but they only talked about freezin at Init WKF.
but in my case it says init wkf and throws me back to select a device. if i select the WKF again it says init wkf again and throws me back to device selection

How did you wire the device? megadrive? strait connection? I might have had the same problem you described.

straight to the alternate DD points. its no wiring issue, im sure.

Turned the gc back on because i hoped it will work again. Than the wiikey gave no signal.
Checked continuity and noticed that the ffc to the sd card is broken(some pins are loose)
u think that caused that init wkf thing? i will solder it to the sd card reader and we will see then

Edit: yes in my opinion, I think that sd card reader issue is what is causing your problem.

-Before I had read you reply:

Is it a wiikey or wasp? On my wasp I initially tried using it without the sd card reader and it had caused my wasp to not initiate. Once I had plugged it back up it then froze on the init part, but then randomly started working a few days later.

I then had another problem where the wasp was not getting a clean enough connection to ground that would cause the wasp to sometimes not show the sd card and its contents. It would show that menu you explained

it is a wiikey, ill try to fix the ffc we will see, i just hope all problems with the wiikey are fixed then >.>

I had a similar issue when first setting up my WKF. The ffc cable to the memory card reader got damaged from hanging outside the wii. I just scraped down some of the plastic on either side and soldered a little jumper wire. So if you can see a visible break in the cable anywhere, that's an option.

Ah ty mooper,nowi have a confirmation, its about the ffc cable to the sd card. Ill try to get a new one, im not able to solder on ffc

Back