Super Sale II Turbo Hyper Fighting Champion Edition HD Remix

Bibin

Frequent Poster
yup, got me some stuff I don't need:

Vaio VGN-TX651p: This little thing is ridiculously light and portable. It gets about 6-7 hours of battery life on low brightness with wifi on; I got a new battery for it very recently and rarely use it. The keyboard and mouse feel and work great. The LCD is a high resolution 1280x768 (a lot for 10") and the backlight is super bright and the colors crisp. Unfortunately the LCD has some slight wear marks in the backlight in the shape of the embossed Vaio logo which is visible from some angles. Nothing serious, but mentionworthy. The bezel has a tiny crack in it, negligible, and the right hinge cap on the end has popped out and I can not find it. Both do not affect it whatsoever. Has XP Pro COA, and working optical drive and hard drive. $200 firm. I don't want any price whining - these stupid laptops are rare and worth way more than you would expect. Comes with a charger.

iPhone 4 16GB: digitizer is cracked, LCD physically disconnected from motherboard. Still works, should be fine with a new screen assembly (~$30). I plug it in, it makes the sync sound, I feel it vibrate, I can answer a call on it, etc. $200 [pending sale]

iPod Video 5G 30GB: Works fine, the usual minor scratches an iPod gets. $40

Backlit DMG: Awesomely painted yellow with neat speckles on it, has a red backlight and matching battery cover. Painted by our own Ishmael, did a great job on it. I can bivert it if requested. $50

SNES system deck modified to have 15-pin VGA port on the back for RGB out. H-sync on the connector goes to composite sync, and a lot of projectors will happily accept 15khz RGBS over this connection ( I haven't found a projector that isn't compatible yet ) and the quality is substantially improved over composite or S-video. $50.
As a tie-in you can have a controller, AC adapter, video cable (for sound at least) and Link to the Past for $20. I got this whole set thinking I'd play Link to the Past but I just don't think I'm a guy who enjoys Zelda games :/

Re: Super Sale II Turbo Hyper Fighting Champion Edition HD R

I don't like this... the laptop isn't powerful enough to be worth $200, but it's too portable and has too great a screen to be worth LESS than $200...

ttsgeb said:
I don't like this... the laptop isn't powerful enough to be worth $200, but it's too portable and has too great a screen to be worth LESS than $200...

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

ttsgeb said:

Is this the first time you've encountered a netbook?

thelukestir said:
ttsgeb said:

Is this the first time you've encountered a netbook?

ttsgeb said:
too great a screen

No, most netbooks aren't even worth $50 coming within 100 feet of. This actually has quite a bit of value to it JUST because of that screen.

I don't think you understand how value works...

Meh. I put value in different places than some. For me the part I stare at all day looking good means more than being able to parse a web page faster than my internet can load it.

I don't think you understand Perceived Value, the difference between opinion and fact, or that this isn't a great place to sell a laptop, but whatever.

Anyway, I'm going to shut up now because I know I'm not going to buy this.

ttsgeb said:
I don't think you understand Perceived Value, the difference between opinion and fact, or that this isn't a great place to sell a laptop, but whatever.
...Soooo are you trying to comment on a price that you've illustrated that you aren't too sure about, or just making a personal attack? You seem to be working on some foolish assumption that the price of a used laptop revolves around its specifications. No, you'll find that it has a lot more to do with the initial price, brand, and rarity.

Is the iPod still available?

Back