Stuntpenguin007's SnesP WIP

This is also on Benheck if it looks familiar.

The front of the case. Still missing the start and select button.
100_1924.jpg

The back of the case. You can see the panel I put in to mount the retro duo on.
100_1925.jpg

The controller cut up and ready to be relocated.
100_1930.jpg

The ps1 screen motherboard cut up a little.
100_1929.jpg

The retro duo mounted in the case.
100_1927.jpg

The back of the case with a hole cut for the cartridge.
100_1928.jpg

to do: led mod the screen, connect the controller, add speakers, add start select L and R buttons, touch up the case... a lot, and get batteries.

Basically I've been filling in huge gaps with bondo, which I've been told is a bad idea. Should I scrap the case, or is there a good way to fill in holes in the case?

(And yes, I know I should sand down the case :rolleyes: )

i've never had any issues filling large gaps with bondo. you just need to make sure it's not super thin. they call me the bondo queen for a reason. :D

you may want to try epoxy putty instead of bondo tho. may be easier to work with for those gaps.

My dad filled in a huge hole in his car's bumper with bondo, so I don't think big holes should be that big of a problem. Although, i think he did stick some plastic in there to support it so it wasn't pure bondo.

whatever, I'll step aside and bow down to the Bondo Queen on this matter.

BONDO BREAKS AND SO WILL THE BONDO QUEEN'S REIGN OF TERROR!
(bondo breaks and stuff pretty easily, you know)

mako321 said:
BONDO BREAKS AND SO WILL THE BONDO QUEEN'S REIGN OF TERROR!
(bondo breaks and stuff pretty easily, you know)

That's why it was made for stuff like, oh, I don't know, FIXING GOLDANG CARS.

mako321 said:
Made for getting rid of tiny dings, not for huge frigging potholes.

again, you obviously have never seen any of my work.

stuntpenguin, if you have any questions, feel free to pm me. i'll be glad to help in any way i can. :)

mako321 said:
Made for getting rid of tiny dings, not for huge frigging potholes.
did you see my post where I mentioned it was used to fill a giant hole in our bumper? Must've been a diameter of at least 4 inches.

If you want to fill large gaps, use fibreglass (see pic below), sand once dry and then use bondo over the top. Jobs a goodun :mrgreen:

This is the stuff we get in the UK.
_98501_195855.jpg

Thats a bit heavy Clarky; I just use some Loctite Plastic Epoxy (not really epoxy) for the foundation, then cover with Kwiksteel epoxy and sand. I filled in an enormous hole in the Nintendex that way. But, to each his own; the Clarky 64 is a sexy piece of router :D

If you put tape behind the hole you want to fill and them apply a thin layer of fibreglass over the top its no heavier than a thin bit of plastic.

And thanks Bush!! ;)

clarky said:
If you put tape behind the hole you want to fill and them apply a thin layer of fibreglass over the top its no heavier than a thin bit of plastic.

And thanks Bush!! ;)

GREAT technique!

i just used it this morning while working on my nesp case (with bondo)

I just slop liquid ABS all over the hole. Once it dries partially, it goes gooey and you can slop more in and it won't fall out of the hole. One time I had a really big gap so I supported it with electrical tape. Then I slop over it with the wrong kind of bondo and don't sand enough. No wonder why all my stuff looks like crap.

To clarify: The liquid ABS works fine for attaching stuff, but probably shouldn't be used as filler. I used Glazing and Spot Putty because nobody ever told me it was the wrong stuff. It's flax. It cracks, it's too easy to sand and never gets smooth. It's also a pain in the ass to apply, because it becomes unworkable quickly but takes a lot longer to actually dry.

Then again, maybe I just suck.

XCVG said:
To clarify: The liquid ABS works fine for attaching stuff, but probably shouldn't be used as filler. I used Glazing and Spot Putty because nobody ever told me it was the wrong stuff. It's flux. It cracks, it's too easy to sand and never gets smooth. It's also a pain in the ass to apply, because it becomes unworkable quickly but takes a lot longer to actually dry.

Then again, maybe I just suck.

Glazing and spot putty is not for structural purposes. It is to fill hairline cracks and scratches. Like you use it after the epoxy putty to get it all super smooth. It only takes 1 hour to dry. :) helps things to look super sexy with the right amount of patience.

Just look at my sig if you doubt. ;-)

Yeah, the problem is that I was using it INSTEAD of epoxy putty/normal bondo/bumper filler/whatever you're supposed to use, not over top of it. My next big project won't be so ugly, I promise.

Back