Sprocket64 Worklog. FINISHED. See page 27.

Re: Sprocket64 Worklog. Progress is always an option!

I have to finish a commission I've had for a long time, first. I'm adding a GBSP battery to a Game Boy Pocket and adding an overclock switch. I got all of that done and when I power on to test, I find the right and A buttons don't work. I have NO clue what it is, I checked everything. So, I'm going to use another GBP mobo and THEN I can work on the Sprocket64. :awesome: Expect some progress on this portable tomorrow.

What time zone will that be? I'm waiting for midnight as we type...

also

Mario said:
progress... tomorrow.
fix'd.

That would be Pacific Standard Time, burd.

How about when you go to sleep and wake up again. :awesome:

I got my commission done.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=103&p=51394#p51394
8x9578.jpg

24z947r.jpg

I'm tired of modding right now. It's 9:45 where I am, so I'm going to bed. Sprocket64 tomorrow! :awesome:

PROGRESS WOO
I might be setting up a live workbench webcam tonight around 5 or 6. There is a slim chance (but still a chance) that I won't be able to, though. But I probably will! :)

Workspace = :awesome:
t5ocva.jpg

ARE YOU LINKING READY
ac771y.jpg

The accursed power board. I need to build a new one.
2agklki.jpg

Controller board chopped up, rewired, hooked up to all the buttons and installed:
nogg2b.jpg

Overall view:
15ej6h.jpg

THERE WILL BE MORE PROGRESS LATER
STAY TUNED

Re: Sprocket64 Worklog. Progress is my APHRODISIAC

OH MY GOD ITS AMAZING I LOVE YOU MARIO!! hey, i will trade you my SNES-p for it....:awesome:

Mario, do the caht thing, I'll be down in the tower also working on my trisixtyfource. RIGHT NOW.

SS

Here'z da scoop. I got my stuff back again this weekend so I will finish up the Sprocket64. I got it functioning on Sunday, but it still needed a couple things.

The problem with the power switch board is fixed. I rebuilt the circuit, but it still didn't work right. So, I used the circuit to switch a relay that switched the portable instead. Right now I have a resistor for the relay (it's only 3v) but I am going to add a regulator.

I have an IC that detects when temperature has reached a certain limit and switches something on. In this case, it will be a fan.

I need to run the batteries low so I can calibrate the low-battery meter.

And that's it! :awesome: Then it's putting the Retro64 back together, building a 2p LOB64 cable, and uploading a video! :awesome:

Mario said:
I have an IC that detects when temperature has reached a certain limit and switches something on. In this case, it will be a fan.
Must have. What's the part number?

TC622xxx.
The three letters are different depending on what maximum temperature they can detect.

http://mouser.com/Sensors/Temperature-H ... 22&FS=True

:awesome:
I have one in my Retro64 set to 65 degrees celsius. I installed it today. The portable has been running for 1 hour and 45 minutes, but the fan hasn't turned on yet, so I'm not sure about it. Maybe it hasn't gotten that hot, maybe I wired or wrong or fried it of something. I'm still waiting.

couldn't I use those so that once a device got to a certain temperature an LED can change to a different color if i have a multi-colored LED? if so than i have some plans for one of those.

Sure, easily. Check out the datasheet, there's lots of info.

Mario said:
TC622xxx.
The three letters are different depending on what maximum temperature they can detect.

http://mouser.com/Sensors/Temperature-H ... 22&FS=True

:awesome:
I have one in my Retro64 set to 65 degrees celsius. I installed it today. The portable has been running for 1 hour and 45 minutes, but the fan hasn't turned on yet, so I'm not sure about it. Maybe it hasn't gotten that hot, maybe I wired or wrong or fried it of something. I'm still waiting.
Test it with a hair dryer.

EDIT: Or, hold your soldering iron very close to it.

A bit too late now, it's locked up in my portable now. :p I ran it for 2 1/2 hours and it was totally fine, so I suppose it didn't overheat.

PICTURES
YESSSS

2jev7tv.jpg

2cqecft.jpg

9s57k2.jpg

2zqvuxu.jpg

1zd9pao.jpg

317b0vs.jpg

LOB64 Sneak Peek! :awesome:
29msuww.jpg

Comparing my Retro64 and Sprocket64:
33kxjyu.jpg

They're much the same dimensions, just the Sprocket64 is wider.
nlc0ty.jpg

xfrh8m.jpg

Back