Spiicys N64 worklog

Spiicyice

So I decided that I am going to attempt to make a N64 portable. I cut my first mobo, and relocated everything, and I wasn't getting any video on my screen :evil2: I know the screen is working so idk what the problem is... All the chips get pretty hot, so that must mean it's working right? I triple checked everything, but I still got nothing.... So I will fiddle with it a little more later on.

So I opened up another N64, and cut it down to the size I would like.
vaIjC1sOrHBKjKKTpYFW9uodTi8Iphi0Ig_MhAVjn0ljZD1q3MN___7X9aPrBcyDgjrlLRErNfafx_Rh09I8k2Qa6C9yGuxscPbMFfaeS545

It unfortunately does not fit in my case, :wtf: unless I attempt RCP. Which I'm not going to.
D0fuUySH25YaOi_x8L9p2jncknPUiSF1fY62LLGfEgSxvH9BayRTjEUqkSZ0OInaOChBdh9ve62IH72vT2BG6FT_EpJPptDQb9QRkTSEzg3S

I was thinking of doing "Ashen's Alternative to RCP Wiring" viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10246
But I'm sure I will break my board attempting it :S It's either that, or I have the game port stick out of the case.

The specs of my portable are:
4.3 inch lcd
Gamecube or PSX controller joystick, I haven't decided yet...
Going to use an old router as a case
Original controller buttons
Expansion Pac

I will try to keep this updated every week till Christmas, but I make no promises. :)

Also I have a question. Can I use any charger jack? The cord I have fits in it, but it's not the original one... If I can't use it, I have to buy one at radioshack right? What's it called again? Coaxial something I think...

You can probably fit it in the case without bending the board or rcp wiring. You can trim right up to the pins on the cart slot as long as you relocate the power lines on the back of the board.

S5114 said:
Did it get hot really quickly? Because i don't tgink that's good
Kinda... But not like instantly.
bugman said:
You can probably fit it in the case without bending the board or rcp wiring. You can trim right up to the pins on the cart slot as long as you relocate the power lines on the back of the board.
Ya :p I forgot I can cut there... I'll cut it later today and post some pics

This is the layout I'm most likely going to go with:
g6X5mF_7iPJkynSYj9xWTmAmDDtqDor_0uQD16hWi0U3FyvE92QmSd0tDI_SFeG1CyOdQakNaM0CCDZGop5RRPiZnxkUw9o3MN2dAJaGzmTAgZHls_4

Portrait

s8tyezL0RHYSBgxpTknj83YkFDq6FKFLB2sRcqxKPpyGEdtpgkD9yl5WHbTl2PZwFwlF2fubFjALtHXDJdcBDWBud-TS4fMY7yRb9b0o1iHaM17SDnw

or Landscape?
I can't really decide, both feel pretty comfortable. Although must N64p's are landscape.

So I got the board to fit in my case :D It's extremely tight, but it fits!

QL0440Zb5XPNkU5moWTM2FqVgWuP17U3w5GifdcfBBs-U7DGAYmJQXRE7IAAug4aD7gW17pUdwf_zrK6AKGzQjdBcGqqd29HgYYUPDhQv_mV4nEkRj4

I am going to relocate the traces I cut, and hopefully start and finish wiring the game port to the board tomorrow. And see if the board works.

Back