Speaker Chair/Massage Recliner/Wireless headphones FUSION.

Mister Nickels

I've done it. I've created something worth putting on ModRetro! And it actually works, to boot! YAAAAY!

Well, yesterday, I found this cool massage recliner for $8 at my local thrift shop. Not a bad deal. It was missing a correct power adaptor, but we found one from a universal set. It's not really a GOOD massage chair, it just vibrates really loudly and makes you have to poop. But whatever.

While sitting on my recliner, buttcheeks clenched tightly(it's that bad), I thought, "How cool would it be if they made one of those cool speaker chairs into a recliner?" And, "They should make a wireless speaker chair so I don't have to screw with these cords!" Then, I thought of my worn-out speaker chair that I can't use anymore(It's too short to be a chair that I use a lot) and my wireless headphones that I got brand-new for 50 cents at a garage sale. What if I combined the three to make a wireless, massaging speaker recliner?

Something happened in my brain that night.

Long story short, I stayed up until 4:00 AM working on it, and then I woke up at 11::3:0 and immediately started on it again. I finished it about 45 minutes ago with just one bug. I can't use the massage function while using the speakers without the speakers getting staticy from so much vibration. Any help with that?

Here's the finished product. It's an album. Is it cool if I post an album? Nobody else does...

http://imgur.com/a/KFaV8

Crap. Forgot to upload this one too. It's when my dad and I were cutting the holes for the speakers and module and whatnot.

http://i.imgur.com/nA0DO.jpg

I'm proud to say that I didn't get any help from my parents besides my dad helping me with the jigsaw and moral support. I also didn't come crying to ModRetro for help when I failed like a little Sega. Wait... CRAP. I forgot that I asked about sound amplification. Sorry.

And cool bonus! The wireless part is COMPLETELY wireless! It takes two AAAs! No cords!

EDIT: I have hereby named thee... The BAMFchair.

Re: Speaker Chair/Massage Recliner/Wireless headphones FUSIO

Buttcheeks McGee said:
Wait... CRAP. I forgot that I asked about sound amplification. Sorry.

Asking questions is good. Just don't ask questions that are generic and have answers in the stickies.

Buttcheeks McGee said:
I can't use the massage function while using the speakers without the speakers getting staticy from so much vibration. Any help with that?

Prolly interference from the massage motors.

THE MAGNETS! BUT OF COURSE!

You're all geniouses here. Would never have thought of that.

I would take the amp from the speaker chair, and put it in this chair, then wire in a 3v regulator to the headphones and put in whatever you need between the amp and massage chair, and pull all three off of one power supply. This would also take care of your quiet issues. EDIT: Looks like you did that already. derp.

Cool idea, though. I had one of those chairs too. They absolutely suck to sit in.

Back