Sound does NOT work?

Danaerus

Hi, when I was taking apart my gamecube, i turned it on for a test and i noticed the gamecube didnt have any sound. I read somewhere to wire the 12v line or something like that, but how do i do that? I wire my power regulator to my mobo already and its till not working. Yes, It was not working before i decided to wire it directly.

I know my soldering is terrible but it still works lol ~.~
This is my mobo (>_> the board looks so f'd up. Sorry, was trying to get used to a new soldering iron)
2RE6r.jpg

The power regulator...
2RE7v.jpg

The whole set, nicely put together in a heat shrink ;)
2RE70.jpg

finally learned how to take better pictures, so you dont have to make your eyes bleed.
Sorry public-pervert :D

Well look in the Mega sticky, there is a sound fix by Tchay in there. But you didn't cut the board yet.... check to make sure you have all of the right voltages, and that they are actually being fed to the board. Also did you bridge all of the right pins?

Please say to me you don't turned the cube on with that aluminium under the mobo :confused:
You know you need a heatsink for the CPU, GPU and RAMs, right?

Since you doesn't cut the mobo, you don't need to relocate the 12v.
Check with a multimeter if you are getting voltage from that line.

EDIT: Your pics is looking much better now, congrats :D

Nah, I powered it up on my wood floor lol. And yes I did put on the heatsink that came with the system when i powered it on. Can you explain to me a little better? I read Tchay's sound fix guide but i cant find any of the things he drew on both my boards. A visual description would help a ton. and yes I will look into the multi meter and find out if i'm getting the correct voltages :D

The piece of aluminum under the board in the picture is just when i solder i dont want to mess up my wood desk :p

FIXED: my power regulator was bugged out or something, it wasnt giving the correct 12v instead is was giving like 0.5v So all i did is I just hooked up the 5v line to it and it works PERFECTLY. thanks all :D

Back