Something for you all to think about.

Twilight Wolf

Frequent Poster
A friend of mine brought this up.

If, by Jack Thompson's logic, playing "Grand Theft Auto" trains you to be a murderer, would playing "Phoenix Wright" train you to be a lawyer?

If this question was meant to be a jab at Jack Thompson, it will not work. In Phoenix Wright, you are a defense attorney. To Jack Thompson, those are the very people he fights as a prosecutor, and he hates them, believing them to be sharks dedicated to making sure that guilty people walk the streets. Guilty of playing videogames. :wtf:

So, by Jack Thompsons logic, playing GTA makes you a killer, and Phoenix Wright makes you a horrible, lying, cheating, lawyer.

The only thing that Jack Thompson and Phoenix Wright have in common is that they were both disbarred. :lol:

jtgta4cropped.jpg

I just realized: Capcom could totally use Jack Thompson as a prosecutor in the next Phoenix Wright game. Not like he can sue anymore. ;)

Twilight Wolf said:
A friend of mine brought this up.

If, by Jack Thompson's logic, playing "Grand Theft Auto" trains you to be a murderer, would playing "Phoenix Wright" train you to be a lawyer?
Well if that's true, then Thompson could do with playing some Phoeni-- oh, right, he was disbarred. never mind :)

I just thought of something else.

If it's true that playing "Grand Theft Auto" trains you to be a murderer and playing "Phoenix Wright" trains you to be a lawyer, then it must logically follow that playing "Trauma Center" trains you to be a surgeon.

Looks like I can skip med school. Hooray!

Twilight Wolf said:
I just thought of something else.

If it's true that playing "Grand Theft Auto" trains you to be a murderer and playing "Phoenix Wright" trains you to be a lawyer, then it must logically follow that playing "Trauma Center" trains you to be a surgeon.

Looks like I can skip med school. Hooray!
And SMB trains you to run through levels, jump on mushrooms, and kick gigantic koopa's asses? What about paperboy? What about DOUBLE O SEVEN!?
:lol: Got a bit worked up there. If it were true for all games, our lives would be very, very strange. Think about the crappy games like Veggie tales larry boy and stuff like that. Mr. Pants!

Back