Some questions on tact switches

TheNineRings

Official Hypello of ModRetro
Alright, I know that a lot of things can be done using tact switches, but I have no clue how to use them, for example, how do I use them as buttons?
Also, could I use a four way tact for an analog stick replacement?

In a nutshell:
tactwirea_engadget_howto.jpg

If you were to use it as a button for a portable or something, one end of the button on the mobo will go to one end of the tact switch, and the other will go to a common ground with the other buttons. You'll have to wait for someone else on that second question, though.

Hi,
I have a 12V DC single pole single throw tact switch that I want to use to turn on and off an LED. I want the LED to turn off when the button on the tact switch is pressed and turn on when the button is released.I don't no how to do it.I need your help.Anyone there who can sort it out this problem?
Thanks.

shaily said:
Hi,
I have a 12V DC single pole single throw tact switch that I want to use to turn on and off an LED. I want the LED to turn off when the button on the tact switch is pressed and turn on when the button is released.I don't no how to do it.I need your help.Anyone there who can sort it out this problem?
Thanks.

You have a normally open tact switch, you need a normally closed tact switch.

http://lu.digikey.com/scripts/dksearch/ ... G4589CT-ND

Back