So I have an idea for easy rechargeable batteries for gbc

I'm not sure if anyone has thought about this, but I noticed that the game boy color has a small slot on the bottom labeled "DC 3V IN". I'm sure that this is used as some sort of power source, maybe for plugging it into a wall when you don't have batteries. I want to know if its possible to use rechargeable batteries instead of normal ones and somehow use the DC 3V IN slot to charge them or if its even safe to do. Thanks in advance! :p

Re: So I have an idea for easy rechargeable batteries for gb

Seeing as the thread hasn't got a single comment from any of the viewers, I'm gonna go ahead and say this hasnt been done before/its impossible. Am I right? (even though I wish it could be done)
Oh and sorry for double post.

Well it's only been 2 hours...
It really depends on the batteries. I believe that it is doable.

ProgMetalMan said:
Well it's only been 2 hours...
It really depends on the batteries. I believe that it is doable.
That's my impatience for ya :/ I assume that you would have to have extra parts like resistors, and whatever the thing is called that prevents batteries from blowing up? (cant think of the name atm)

A protection circuit. Like I said, it depends on the type of battery, and I think it would be complicated to keep it safe and small.

ProgMetalMan said:
A protection circuit. Like I said, it depends on the type of battery, and I think it would be complicated to keep it safe and small.
Well i guess its easier to just get a battery pack that they made for the gbc that was rechargeable. Its not exactly small though. Maybe when I get a gba sp for the front light ill see if i can find out about using the battery from that. Thanks anyways :p

Yeah it's very doable. Just grab a somewhat small lipoly from batteryspace and run a switching reg down to 3v. If you look at the actual circuitry you could probably find another solution.

Back