Snes Mini Mobo trimming?

NeoXerO

Hey everyone!

So I got my hands on a gba carrying case, and I wanted to use it to make a portable SNES. The mobo almost fits in the case, but I'd need to trim the corners. Does anybody know if this would be possible without ruining the console?

Picture for reference:

I know I'd be able to trim off the grounding on the sides no problem, but the thing is that the bottom of the SNES is covered in brown paint and makes it extremely hard to see traces.

Thanks for the info. I've managed to trim it enough to get it to fit in the case, and thankfully it still works.

Would anyone know a safe way to remove the cartridge slot from the snes so that I could relocate it? I'm planning on just desoldering each pin and pulling it off but is there a safer/easier way to do it?

NeoXerO said:
just desoldering each pin and pulling it off

Pretty much this.

I suppose if you have a solder reflow oven, you can go about heating it up and then pulling the connector off, but I doubt that's a good idea, and I doubt that you have said device.

If you do have said device, kickass, I believe that alone makes you one of the better equipped people on MR.

Yes.
You could also salvage them from any system that plays SNES/Super Famicom cartridges.

Back