SNES Fusion

Drakon

This mod is way too complicated to explain in much detail, it took a lot of parts and clever thinking.

This system is a snes mini pcb running in a model 1 super famicom case. Everything works, the power button, the reset button, the eject button, original controller ports, power LED. The back is a regular super famicom back plate. The rf box hole has been replaced with a rca jack that outputs digital audio. This system has the video encoder bypassed with a sony cxa2075 for the best possible s-video quality in a snes. The cord coming out the back powers my external spdif to analog converter box.

DQB52Os.jpg

RSVEDoW.jpg

iUtyFfl.jpg

Drakon, at the risk of sounding like an asshole, it really bothers me that you put in so much effort and then do ugly flax like dangling cables out the back. And before you rip me a new one for being unappreciative, let it be known that it's pretty much the only thing wrong with your mods, because they're otherwise amazing.

Also, I need one of those cart adaptors.

XCVG said:
Drakon, at the risk of sounding like an asshole, it really bothers me that you put in so much effort and then do ugly flax like dangling cables out the back. And before you rip me a new one for being unappreciative, let it be known that it's pretty much the only thing wrong with your mods, because they're otherwise amazing.

Do you have any suggestions? I felt like powering the unit from the snes so it's activated by the snes power switch.

Drakon said:
This mod is way too complicated to explain in much detail, it took a lot of parts and clever thinking.
Sounds about right for a project done by you. :tophat:
Drakon said:
XCVG said:

Do you have any suggestions? I felt like powering the unit from the snes so it's activated by the snes power switch.
Maybe have a port for that power wire to plug into? Ports with something plugged into them look much more complete than some wires hanging out.

So you propose I cut more holes into the nice case for something that's always going to stay plugged in? I'd rather not thanks.

I mean a little port in the hole it's already coming out of. I think the worst part about that wire is the color. A black or dark gray wire would probably look better. A port would only be seen in pictures, so that part doesn't really matter as much.

A port is just so much more elegant than a wire coming out the back, regardless of functionality. The channel switch hole looks about right for a 3-pin servo plug.

XCVG said:
A port is just so much more elegant than a wire coming out the back, regardless of functionality. The channel switch hole looks about right for a 3-pin servo plug.
I could add a header connector anywhere on it, I just don't see the point. The end of the wire is a power connector.

So you don't have a cable sticking out the back. It's not about practicality so much as elegance or even aesthetics. To me at least, a random wire sticking out the back is very detrimental to the overall look of the device.

I made sure it still sticks out just for you!

RA9aHbp.jpg

(This is actually a different system I'm working on)

Back