Smash Bros.

Re: Ima leeeeeavin, on a jetplane (back soon)

:cry4:

I actually did far better when we played online. Lag FTW! :rofl:

$5 says I can pwn J00 both at melee, I've been playing that game non-stop since launch.

ShockSlayer said:
$5 says I can pwn J00 both at melee, I've been playing that game non-stop since launch.
I dunno, I'm pretty Dang good...

Me too, but if we hooked up with a game of SSB... Oooh, you'd all be toast! :rofl:

Mario said:
Me too, but if we hooked up with a game of SSB... Oooh, you'd all be toast! :rofl:
Doubt it. I played that game for hundreds of hours, slowly becoming....THE WORLD'S GREATEST SSB DUDE ::3: If only they had more characters.

ShockSlayer said:
grossaffe said:
ShockSlayer said:
I dunno, I'm pretty Dang good...

Do you use any of the "advanced techniques" like wavedashing ect.?

SS
I gotta admit, I never did get too into the "advanced" stuff, so you may have that advantage. I've got my own technique, but haven't put a science to it. I would like to play against someone who could do that sort of thing, though (online doesn't cut it because lag seriously hampers my ability. I play with link and he is especially effected by the lag), so I can see how well I match up against those people. At this point, though, I haven't played someone I wasn't better than. Back in the day of the original my friend and I were equals; 50/50. As a team we went undefeated. Haven't seen him for the better part of 6 or more years now, though :(.

:awesome: I play as Link too, I main him, and then after that I'm good as Weegee and Marth. I don't really do advanced techniques, I can barly wavedash, but I can't use it effectivly, I DO however shorthop, bomb jump, tech, "land dash"(as I call it, wavedashing as you land a normal jump), and I do some other sttuff. Maybe I'll make some videos or somethin. :p

Yeah, I wish that I could play more people in melee, it the one game I can say I'm pretty expert/guru at.

SS

it got too complicated after the original, i'll take any of you on in project 64k.

Palmer's vacation thread was starting to get a bit cluttered with Smash Bros. talk and I'm to blame for it. Sorry!

Anyways, now that I've split the topic:

blaze- SSB will always hold a place with me, but I really like what they've done with brawl. Sure, its faster-paced and its a bit more complicated, but its just all that much more to master; more control over your character. I do miss all the old levels, though. Saffron and the Floating Castle need to come back. Also miss Yoshi's level with the disappearing clouds. I tried to play SSB again, but it didn't go very well. I miss the enhancements and the Dang N64 joystick was so worn out (making pikachu's 'quick attack' a suicide hazard)

SS- I think we'd be an interesting match. I really wish lag in Brawl's online weren't so bad. I couldn't tell you how often I die by falling down a pit while attempting Link's downward aerial attack.

i play brawl and ,melee too but with ssb i managed to get a hold of all the extra tricks like double jump cancel and i can rack up infinite combos with yoshi, ness and jiggly. if only the pc's wii emulator had net play :(

My favorite SSB game is Melee. But then again, I've never played brawl. I'm no good though- I don't even know what half the things SS said he could do are!

Back