Simple Batteries

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I am in the process of making a n64p. Does anyone know of some simple batteries that would be good for a portable and a charger i could use for it? Also I heard it would need a PCB installed in it...
Thanks

Well, that's exactly what you need plus more. 1 smart charger, 1 car charger, 4 li-ion cells, and 2 protection boards. Also, I replied to someone in that thread regarding "the whole '12v, 3.3v and 7.4v' thing".

Bush said:
Well, that's exactly what you need plus more. 1 smart charger, 1 car charger, 4 li-ion cells, and 2 protection boards. Also, I replied to someone in that thread regarding "the whole '12v, 3.3v and 7.4v' thing".

Thank you, it makes perfect since now for charging and batteries to use! I will be using 7.4v li-ion samsung camcorder batteries and a 7.2v smart charger.

Well I happen to have a couple 7.4v camcorder batteries lying around, so I'd save 20 bucks there. It would be easiest to just get a couple PCBs and a charger and be done with it. Thanks for the help though!

This is a bit of a bump but I have this battery pack I took from a portable DVD player I ripped apart. I think It may have a pcb in it already(I think its the CB in the orange box), but it's not like the ones i've seen guys use on this site. I wouldn't be opposed to buying one and just disconnecting this from the batteries.

This is what came out of the dvd player; 7.4v 4000mAh (I realize now I misspelled connections lol. What I was referring to in hte pic text was on the other side was a connector where the DVD battery pack connected to the player)

I was thinking that if I used these batteries ^^ with a new pcb, and just use the connectors that come with this charger (below) to attach to the batteries internally, and use it as a charge port on my portable.

Proposed smart charger:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenergy-TLP-200 ... 461d8778d1

I have seen the Sony charger kit that Bush had talked about, but this would require little to no tear down, just soldering a couple connections and slamming it in the case. (Although my next one would most likely use the Sony kit, heh)

Thoughts?

Back