Show us your desktop!

New ThinkPad x100e! :awesome: Turion Neo x2 1.6ghz, 1 GB RAM, 250 gig HD, 11.6" 1366x768 display, Windows 7 Home Premium.

All that shiny potential and I make it look like this: :facepalm:

laptop.png

I turned off all the shiny because it's working on 768 MB of real RAM. (256 MB is reserved for the GPU no matter what.) Turning off all the eye candy and dedicating a 1 gig SD card to ReadyBoost helped responsiveness tremendously. I ordered it with just 1 gig because OEM RAM upgrades are ridiculously overpriced ($150 for 4 gigs :gonk:). OrderingED a 4 gig (2x 2gig) set off NewEgg this weekend, then the shiny will return! (Also I'll be able to do a proper benchmark video.)

Windows 7 Basic looks really bad though. Both Aero and Classic look MUCH better.

not enough ram to count, 148gb harddrive(s) (a 93gb and a 55gb ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh), and a old skool moniter (the one thats sticks out like 1223 feet in the back) :awesome:
15dt3br.jpg

That reminds me of the one on my newish laptop. Im running fluxbox over debian, and have this as my background with my Icons (steam, /usr, terminal, chrome) tiled just like that in the white. Granted, I have fewer icons. but the look is quite similar.

I like that wallpaper, Ish, where'd you find it and are there more like it?

Oh, and here is mine. Yes, there are icons all over it that I never use, but I don't care.
desktop1-30-11-2.jpg

Alphabetical games are alphabetical. Also, I like the look of that purple heme. I may just have to do that. It would go well with my wallpaper.

Back