Shockslayer leaves for DOTA 2

I was wondering when he'd finally announce this. This happened a good while ago.

He'll be back (to the community; not necessarily this site) someday. You can't play DoTA forever.

ProgMetalMan said:
He'll be back (to the community; not necessarily this site) someday. You can't play DoTA forever.

You're not wrong Prog, I can't play Dota forever. But I've only got one life, might as well try to do something fun with it while I have the chance.

I never formally left, but if you want to call this it, might as well. My final advice to everyone: learn everything you can no matter how specific because it'll help you someday. I've been able to help many people and draw so much just from my experiences in portablizing and I wouldn't trade that for the world; no matter how bad things ever got. So keep plugging at it, keep communicating your ideas and keep learning from your trials and tribulations no matter what you do.

I'll never forget the fun times, never let go of the good friends(you guys know who you are,) and never forget the skills and life lessons that portablizing and the community has taught me. I may never make another portable but I'll never put down the soldering iron; it's part of who I am and I'm Dang proud to be able to do so.

SS

As much as we've disliked each other, You officially exiting the scene is a big loss.

RDC
Ben Heck
bicostp
LifeOfBrian
marshallh
hotdog-Cart
Kibble
HK-47
Sockslayer
Palmer
Bacteria
Shockslayer

RIP

I still plan to make 1 last portable, but it will be super baller and I havent learned enough to make it. It will be the ultimate-end-all greatest N64 portable of all time, and my last project probably.

I never left. Just took a small hiatus to get my life on track. Ended up graduating college for Computer Systems, now living in China. I've been here for about 2 years, and finally just got into a good enough situation to start modding and such again.

I work in teaching, and do some GB development and dumping on the side. Currently taking Computer Science through University, had a small gig with Microsoft in SEO as well.

I'm also working on hacking the iQue Player.

Glad that someone remembered me! heh

SteamDNT said:
As much as we've disliked each other, You officially exiting the scene is a big loss.

RDC
Ben Heck
bicostp
LifeOfBrian
marshallh
hotdog-Cart
Kibble
HK-47
Sockslayer
Palmer
Bacteria
Shockslayer

Be honest, you moved to China purely to have better access to the iQue player, didn't you?

Life of Brian said:
Actually, I've gone on to help with the family business and build a successful chain of modern laundromats in northeast Oklahoma. We've got credit card readers on every machine and they even accept Apple Pay and Google Wallet in addition to coins. I'll be a guest speaker at an international laundry conference in Atlanta next week!
I never knew laundromats could be so pimpin'. Neat.

Yeah, LOB is like... King of the Laundromats. Coolest *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing Laundromats this side of the prime meridian.

Back