Shameless ripoff idea.

Caredo

SDH over at BH was finishing up his one-handed NES controller (the NEShuck), and I was thinking: Why not do the same with an N64 controller?

Of course, a one-handed N64 controller would be horrible, considering the original controller was built for three different handling positions.

The solution? Use a Wiimote + nunchuck case to house an N64 controller. It'd look something like this:

wiimote.jpg

I was thinking there would be a built-in Rumble in the excess space below Start that drew from the N64's power rather than its own batteries. Also, I couldn't find a direct front-view of the Wii nunchuck, but I'd have the Z button and analog stick on there. This was "designed" with Zelda in mind, so apologies in advance if it'd make playing other games unbearable.

This could be done, but I need to make a new case for my spherical N64 controller first. :lol:

*sigh*, etc.
The smallest "guts" I've found of any N64 controller are the ones in original Nintendo controllers, along with their disgusting joysticks.

... Anyone know of a 3rd party N64 controller with only a single IC inside, like the official ones are?

Besides, that's what you'd need to do this mod ;)

jleemero said:
*sigh*, etc.
The smallest "guts" I've found of any N64 controller are the ones in original Nintendo controllers, along with their disgusting joysticks.

... Anyone know of a 3rd party N64 controller with only a single IC inside, like the official ones are?

Besides, that's what you'd need to do this mod ;)
The yobo's only have one IC, but it's a glop top which probably ruins your idea.

Not necessarily- just scrape the green paint off of the traces coming off the IC and flux/ solder to them. Works like a charm- given you use kynar wire or similar. ;)

See now I've got one of those super-common Yobo ones, and there's a lot more than just that glop-top in there.

Dunno...

Maybe I oughta grab one of the Retro64 ones. (Which is still a Yobo, but, well you know.)

jleemero said:
See now I've got one of those super-common Yobo ones, and there's a lot more than just that glop-top in there.

Dunno...

Maybe I oughta grab one of the Retro64 ones. (Which is still a Yobo, but, well you know.)
Well not in mine, I know that there are different revisions of it to make it cheaper though, perhaps you have an earlier one?

Back