Semi-Portable gamecube without batteries

For my first portable, I think I have everything down in my head except everything having to do with batteries and all the power connections which are required when using batteries. Would it be easier to just exclude them and connect it to a regular power source? Can I power both the mobo and screen with the stock power cord provided with the gamecube? I have a rev c board if that matters at all. Also could use some tips and links to building a semi portable as I have only found tutorials for fully portable gamecubes. Thanks!

Yes, it is easier to exclude batteries on your first portable. And yes, you can power the mobo and screen with the stock power cord. Now you need to make sure your screen gets the correct voltage (12v, 5v, 7.4v, etc). You can use a step up or step down regulator to get the voltage where it needs to be. Usually easier to just grab a 3.5" screen on ebay, give it 5v, and call it a day.

I'm not really sure what you mean by semi portable, but many of our guides can be applied to any amount of portability.

Tchay said:
Yes, it is easier to exclude batteries on your first portable. And yes, you can power the mobo and screen with the stock power cord. Now you need to make sure your screen gets the correct voltage (12v, 5v, 7.4v, etc). You can use a step up or step down regulator to get the voltage where it needs to be. Usually easier to just grab a 3.5" screen on ebay, give it 5v, and call it a day.

I'm not really sure what you mean by semi portable, but many of our guides can be applied to any amount of portability.
Thanks Tchay! I must say you were my biggest inspiration to begin this project and I love your youtube series to far. Can you link me to a screen you recommend? I would prefer a 5 inch screen, but 3.5 will do as well. And this is off topic, but while I have your attention, I found a Chinese ripoff of an wiikey fusion. (The thread for that is still flying around the forums somewhere) would it work the same or do you have another solution now that they are not produced. Thanks again.

Back