Screw post

GamecubePerson111

I was wondering how people are able to create a screw post in their case for holding bread board or something like that? Do u just take one from somehwere else and glue it to the case?

Usually people hotglue it in on the inside, but you could do what you described. I use plastic plugs and hotglue them down, but usually I just use hotglue.

Never done it myself, but Hailrazer glues them in with liquid ABS. Not sure where he gets the posts from, though.

XCVG said:
Never done it myself, but Hailrazer glues them in with liquid ABS. Not sure where he gets the posts from, though.
i assume he buys them. you can get them in any size/shape/length etc from many fine hardware stores. (and by "fine hardware stores" i mean Ace, and TrueValue. :awesome: )

Pff, I get my screwposts from N64 cases. There are 6 that originally held the case together, and the screws that were holding the N64 board in work just fine with them. They're the same as the screws that kept the case together, but with phillips heads.

i am strongly against using hot glue. It is just not sturdy enough to hold anything structural. I use ABS and superglue.

Mario said:
Pff, I get my screwposts from N64 cases. There are 6 that originally held the case together, and the screws that were holding the N64 board in work just fine with them. They're the same as the screws that kept the case together, but with phillips heads.
All my N64's are held together with those screws. (not anymore, though, as I ran out of N64s.) :gonk:

Back