Screen replacement for my mp3 player.

I have an mp3 player with a cracked screen. I took it out. I opened up an old cell phone with pretty much the same screen. The cell phone one has a smaller connection(the orange strip) than that of my mp3 player. Any ideas????

Pictures:
mp3playerscreenrp1.jpg

mp3playerscreenrp2.jpg

mp3playerscreenrp3.jpg

Yes that is what you need.

But then they need to be compatible with each other, and it basically be a big pain in the a$$.

Ok then. That would make it easier though I imaging because wouldn't all the things be the same pretty much? Just different spots.

I can say with utmost conviction, that its impossible, even with a pinout. All that kinda stuff runs different kinds of connections. you'll need a converter board. they are not cheap. at all. an LVDS to Composite/RGB/VGA converter runs at a minimum of 200$, and LVDS the most common screen connection in laptops. I can guarantee that these screens are using something WAY more obscure.

that mp3 player a sansa fuze? and no, I suppose it wont hurt to ruin it. its useless as is.

samjc3 said:
that mp3 player a sansa fuze? and no, I suppose it wont hurt to ruin it. its useless as is.

What's wrong with the Fuze? I own a Fuze and haven't had any trouble with it.

His has a broken screen. that pretty much makes it useless. So breaking isnt a big deal. im not saying the Fuze sucks. I loved my sansa. ;)

The volume knob thing might look different because the piece that goes on it(the ridged thingy.) isn't there. No case parts or buttons in pic.

Back