(screen) Compare those two screens

Hello.

I found this screen and i asked myself if it has any differences that mattered in modding to this screen.

Since I am really new to this and I am not that familiar with the stats a good screen should have i wanted to post it here.

Thanks in advance.

-Moustache Spy

I can confirm that the displays on both of those screens are the same. Check the data sheet if you have any doubts

The second one comes with a drive board, which is important. You need the drive board to power the LCD and convert video signal to a signal that's usable by the LCD

Also, keep in mind the resolution of the display. The 2 you listed are both 800x480, while the eBay one is 480x234

The Wii and GameCube output 640x480, interlaced for composite, and interlaced or progressive for component.

If you are going for composite 480i, I recommend getting an inexpensive display similar to the eBay one, but one that is 480x800, or 480p. (Some 234x480s are labeled as 480p! Watch out, and be sure to read descriptions)

For 480p on GameCube, VGA modded component cable is the way to go, and buydisplay is a good choice.

As for 480p on Wii, I do not recommend going through VGA. VGA converter chips tend to be problematic and wash out the color. Get a buydisplay LCD with HDMI in, and run it through a wii2hdmi. This will provide better quality video, and won't give you problems with games that don't support progressive

Fluxedo said:
I doubt You'll want to go with either of those. You'd need a driver board with the first one and I have no idea how the second will work. Unless you're dying to have that VGA input go with something like this in my opinion:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1741809571
I've already bought the exact same one on Amazon and you can see the pixels which is nothing bad but I just feel like its a better idea to have the fitting or overkill resolution than a worse especially because I paid 40 euros for the one you listed on Amazon.

Dyxlesci said:
I can confirm that the displays on both of those screens are the same. Check the data sheet if you have any doubts

The second one comes with a drive board, which is important. You need the drive board to power the LCD and convert video signal to a signal that's usable by the LCD

Also, keep in mind the resolution of the display. The 2 you listed are both 800x480, while the eBay one is 480x234

The Wii and GameCube output 640x480, interlaced for composite, and interlaced or progressive for component.

If you are going for composite 480i, I recommend getting an inexpensive display similar to the eBay one, but one that is 480x800, or 480p. (Some 234x480s are labeled as 480p! Watch out, and be sure to read descriptions)

For 480p on GameCube, VGA modded component cable is the way to go, and buydisplay is a good choice.

As for 480p on Wii, I do not recommend going through VGA. VGA converter chips tend to be problematic and wash out the color. Get a buydisplay LCD with HDMI in, and run it through a wii2hdmi. This will provide better quality video, and won't give you problems with games that don't support progressive
So I need the one with the drive board.
Gotcha

Back