S-video Nes2 (Toploader)

doug

For this project i used an nes2 or toploader.
979806_orig.jpg

i had to remove the ppu and swap 373 chip but i will have to swap the backplate with that from an av famicom and will be handwiring a multi av port aswell as mounting it.

Ive already done quite a bit to this project heres a couple pics
i put a socket in the ppus place and swapped the 373 chip
3039244_orig.jpg

and i have desoldered the backplate along with the rf box
9478245_orig.jpg

Desoldered the avfami plate and installed it into the nes2
6167833_orig.jpg

test fitting the trimmed multi av
8265160_orig.jpg

7724267_orig.jpg

all done closed and finished im so glad i dont have to use nes to famicom adapters anymore
3406467_orig.jpg

the multi av turned out great it looks stock
8906027_orig.jpg

The video from this system is amazing there are no jailbars at all and i love it :thumb:

Its amazing that a console that only put out rf (bad rf at that) now puts out perfect composite, s-video, and rgb and upgraded audio(with full stereo separation)

I can't even find NES2s nowadays, let alone have the guts to rip them apart and hack away at them. Good job man. That's some clean work from you, per usual.

Thanks Atari, I was glad to tear this nes2 apart i mean if it had some nice video output before i might not have but i need some sexy rgb nes in my life. I posted some more of my nes related works=P

Just cause I'm to lazy to search around... would you kindly point me in the direction of a tut for the toploader s-vid mod. I'd love to hook mine up with some sexy s-vid love.

Well there isnt really a formal tut basically this is what you do.

1.Get a toploader(lol)
2.Desolder PPU and replace with 40 pin precision IC socket
3.Remove the sn74ls373n and replace with a sn74hc373n
4.Obtain the ppu from a playchoice 10 arcade board
5.Obtain custom video and audio kit from japan and assemble it
6.place the kit in the slot with a composite ppu to test if you get audio and a black/messed up screen it works.
7.place the rgb ppu in the kit.
8.desolder the backplate and the rf box from your nes2
9.either use the backplate from an av famicom (for perfection) or get your caseworking skills going and cut a nice hole for the multiav.
10. trim the Heck out of an n64 multi av and mount it in the spot with something permanent then follow the directions of a pinout and the kit to wire up your multi av then reassemble and enjoy

or im always up for commissions =]

Back