Retro Nintendo worklog- 2: the gamecube. UPDATE

zharrhen

Forget everything I have said in the rest of log,I am combining it with my 64 and I am making it into a system that can play any Retro nintendo Game. Since I am using the guts of 2 game systems the other part of the log is in the nintendo 64 section. please excuse any mistakes in this edit because I am using my tablet to write this also auto correct sucks.

EDIT: The n64 part: http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10217
The case: http://forums.modretro.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10258

EDIT: edits are now in the replies section

Re: My first Gamecube portable

While you got the cube for 7 dollars, you should realize that you're gonna need to spend a few hundred more bucks to make a portable.

unicycler17 said:
While you got the cube for 7 dollars, you should realize that you're gonna need to spend a few hundred more bucks to make a portable.
I know that, But I already have a PSOne screen and two Lipo batteries, so there goes some of that few hundred.

I pay for mine 6 Euro! :mrgreen:
What type of batteries? mAh? Volts?

You can start without wiikey and use original DD.

Good Luck!

MoRZiLLo said:
I pay for mine 6 Euro! :mrgreen:
What type of batteries? mAh? Volts?

You can start without wiikey and use original DD.

Good Luck!
6 euro, nice. But in the currency conversion, that's 38 cents more.

Anyways, the batteries are lipo, they get 7.4 volts total, and each battery has 2600mAh.

I wasn't going to use wiikey anyways. I don't even know what it is.

zharrhen said:
Anyways, the batteries are lipo, they get 7.4 volts total, and each battery has 2600mAh.
2600 mAh will get you nowhere.

ProgMetalMan said:
zharrhen said:

actually they'd get him around an hour and a half or so, which isn't too terrible.

unicycler17 said:
ProgMetalMan said:
zharrhen said:

actually they'd get him around an hour and a half or so, which isn't too terrible.
Well, it could be better, what mAh should I look for?

Re: My first Gamecube portable -- The GameCube advance

You'll want 5000+ mAh.

First of all you must remember that with more volts, comes the need of less amps. So for example, if you have twice the voltage, you only need half the amps. Therefore. since it depends on your voltage, it's hard to say what a generally good amount of mAh would be. But For 7.4v, I would say at least 5000mah will give you a good amount of playing time.

I believe that Gamecube can't run off of 7.4.

Majora1155 said:
I believe that can't run off of 7.4.

The Revision C can't with the regulator board included. But with custom regulators it runs off 7.4v just fine.

Since I've decided to make it a huge multi system, It will no longer be shaped like Tchay's cube, and it will be run off of batteries made by Harmaphroditus.
Also, that makes all the previous replies have no purpose.

UPDATE: I found a cheap WORKING PS1 at the thrift store (yes, I go there, they have lots of old junk that is worth money) and I'm going to ask you people what you think I should do with it. I can't make up my mind if I should add it or sell it.

It's your project & your decision.
The correct answer is give it to me.

ProgMetalMan said:
It's your & your decision.
The correct answer is give it to me.
Sold it. made a profit of $31.78. I decided not to add it because I wanted this to be a nintendo thing. the ps1 destroys the purpose.

Back