Retro-Gen

icarus

I searched to see if anyone else posted this, but found nothing. I was going to put this in Handhelds, but it isn't a mod. I put it here.. sorry if it is the wrong place.

Picture=Link to article.

I was researching the Genesis 3 to see if it was worth portablizing, and found this. It can play Genesis cartridges OR.. ROMs off of an SD card.

Ben's exodus > This thing > pile of crap (aka banditpaw1's "collection") > nomad

But maybe I just hate the nomad a lot. :dah:

Now we must beware of the people who casemod this thing and say they built a portable genesis. :rolleyes:

Um, the exodus used the radica, which does not have great compatability.

The nomad should be at the top of the list.

themadhacker said:
Um, the exodus used the radica, which does not have great compatability.

The nomad should be at the top of the list.

I just really didn't like the nomad. It blurred in sonic, the only genesis game I play. :wtf:

I don't see why not, but I wonder if that sd card cartridge will work on an actual genesis. It would be great for piracy.

As for the Nomad, if you have a nomad with a cracked screen, it's perfect for a portable. Perfect compatibility, awesome audio quality, built in sound amp, and with a better screen (and RGB too!) it gets great battery life. The motherboard is very reducable too, and I mean VERY.

Saw this a while back, waiting to see what it is using as a core.

There are already Genesis flashcarts, so that part is not unique. ;)

Bibin said:
As for the Nomad, if you have a nomad with a cracked screen, it's perfect for a portable. Perfect compatibility, awesome audio quality, built in sound amp, and with a better screen (and RGB too!) it gets great battery life. The motherboard is very reducable too, and I mean VERY.

The only problem with the nomad is that it has no reset button (to my knowledge). Some games require the reset button, such as one of the xmen games.

bacteria said:
Easy thought to put in a reset button.

From what I read somewhere yesterday, the Nomad is no use to me as it only plays Genesis games (NTSC) not MegaDrive (PAL).

It's possible to mod the Nomad, but I think it's very difficult.

themadhacker said:
Bibin said:

The only problem with the nomad is that it has no reset button (to my knowledge). Some games require the reset button, such as one of the xmen games.

Thats pretty much the only game that requires the reset button.

Even then, it has a superior sequel, and the Radica has no reset either.

Basement_Modder said:
Ben's exodus > This thing > pile of crap (aka banditpaw1's "collection") > nomad

But maybe I just hate the nomad a lot. :dah:

Now we must beware of the people who casemod this thing and say they built a portable genesis. :rolleyes:

Ha Ha HA! your soooo funny.
My collection will grow becuse I have 120$ an I am goint to the flea market! :gonk: :wtf: :dah: :cry4: :awesome:

I've noticed that people are getting a lot smarter about selling consoles and games lately. Now that everyone has the internet, people can figure out what things are actually worth.... You used to be able to find everything at Garage Sales and Flea Markets for very little, but nowadays people sell a lot of their stuff on ebay or craigslist. :neutral2:

icarus said:
I've noticed that people are getting a lot smarter about selling consoles and games lately. Now that everyone has the internet, people can figure out what things are actually worth.... You used to be able to find everything at Garage Sales and Flea Markets for very little, but nowadays people sell a lot of their stuff on ebay or craigslist. :neutral2:

Yeah it sucks. Even the thrift stores rip you off where I live.

Back