Remote igniter

You could mod the lighter to use a huge button to ignite, so all you would have to do is throw a rock at it or something.

Looks like SS is either building a bomb or doing a school project. Let's hope its the latter. :p

Just an idea, you could get a cheap R/C car, and turn the wheels into an ignitor, if you know what I mean :dahroll:

Antome said:
Just an idea, you could get a cheap R/C car, and turn the wheels into an ignitor, if you know what I mean :dahroll:

Antome is actually on to something here. Combine this with the flash circuit thingy.

you could build a sexy one with some of the RF link pairs on sparkfun, combined with an ATtiny128 (is there a smaller one with a UART?) and some AA's and a flash capacitor. 200 ft+ range, depending on antennas and stuff. you can get all the parts on sparkfun. i would post links, but i cant. (no copy paste on iPhone OS 2.1, too lazy to type)

XCVG said:
Antome said:

Antome is actually on to something here. Combine this with the flash circuit thingy.
I felt akward posting this because it seemed too obvious to be helpful XD

samjc3 said:
you could build a sexy one with some of the RF link pairs on sparkfun, combined with an ATtiny128 (is there a smaller one with a UART?) and some AA's and a flash capacitor. 200 ft+ range, depending on antennas and stuff. you can get all the parts on sparkfun. i would post links, but i cant. (no copy paste on iPhone OS 2.1, too lazy to type)

Transmitter
Receiver

Some kind of logic gate, a battery, and a capacitor on the other end.

(True story, I typed "logic cat" the first time. I don't know why."

Endorsement.

PurryLogic.jpg

Overcomplicated. My idea is better and potentially cheaper. Steal some little kid's RC truck, and charm/intimidate the guy who develops photos to give you a used disposable camera.

XCVG said:
Overcomplicated. My idea is better and potentially cheaper. Steal some little kid's RC truck, and charm/intimidate the guy who develops photos to give you a used disposable camera.
cheaPER, YES. BUT WOULD A BOMB LOOK NEARLY AS BADASS WITH A LITTLE rc CAR STRAPPED TO IT? AND, THE BONUS WITH MY WAY IS RANGE. UNLESS HE GETS A REAL NICE RC CAR, MINE HAS MUCH BIGGER RANGE.
whoops capslock

:facepalm:

You rip the board out of the RC car. Then you rig one of the motor outputs to the flash circuit and electrical tape it all together. Leave the antenna sticking out.

And yes, yours probably does have better range. However, then you need microcontrollers and flax and it could get complicated quick.

Which is oh so tempting...

Back