Regulator question.

PandaRiver

Is it possible to instead of having the conector from the mobo to the regulator have wires? If so is there a guide on how to do so?

I'm sorry for my bad terms when I was typing it sounded right in my head. :p Anyways, where can I locate this guide you speak of?

Here's all you need:

423324_pb_solder_points_pinout.jpg

112249_powerboardpinout.jpg

This might also be useful:

regulatormobobx7.png

Credit to whomever made those pics. (As it was not me.) ;)

If I'm using a 12v battery what pin(s) should I wire up? And also to wire these up, should I remove both connectors and solder to pins or take off just regulator or just mobo?

ShockSlayer said:
You should reword that so it makes sense.

1. It doesn't matter what voltage battery you are using, you still have to hook up 3.3v, 1.9v, and ground. Although, I'm pretty sure that the regulator only takes 12v or higher.

2. Just tear the port off of the mobo and the regulator. It'll save space, and give you a more convenient pad to solder to.

3. There are 3 pins you have to relocate. Pin 12 for GND, Pin 13 for 3.4v, and pin 16, 17, and 18 all bridged together for 1.9v.

Unless you have your heart set on using this reg, I'd suggest using Zenloc's custom regs.

Unamused pandariver is unamused. Gone through 2 GC mobos and the the only thing that works is the fan on both. :mad: any help as to why this is happening?

So the only thing that does anything is the fan? Well, it is linked directly to the switch, so if it is on and you are not getting any video, your board is dead.

No idea. We've no idea what you've done to the boards.

The symptoms you've described are the same ones you'd get from either having the board unplugged, or the board reduced to ash from a nuclear explosion. Or anything in between, really.

Pics would probably help.

It was precariously perched on my desk. Should've just started with a rev C. Is it noobish to use a rev C? I feel as if I'm cheating. Final destination.

Pulling the reg out of the board while the board is on is the same as yanking the plug out of the wall. It won't hurt it unless you somehow managed to short the pins together. Even shorting the pins together is an unlikely cause of death to your board, as the GC board is hard to fry.

Here's what probably happened:

1. You fried the power regulator.
2. You fried the power supply.
3. You have a shorting wire somewhere.
4. You don't have video hooked up right.
5. You fried the board. (But probably not.)

Back