Red painted Wavebird -FireBird-

lyberty5

Having never painted before, i wanted to exercise before painting my GCp, plus my wavebird was kinda old looking...

Its more of an afternoon project but it took me some time and i kinda like it now :dah:

Planning to add a few things on it, already working on stencils

101101060358581372.jpg

101101060130767392.jpg

1011010602545284.jpg

Battery cover and little reception thingy has also been painted.

Comment. Or not...

btw ishmael, i can't seem to find any of your stencil paper... does it have a name or something i could look for?

I once painted a Wavebird red, I loved that thing. It became the controller halves for my first GCp.

Oh how I loved it.

*sigh*

THAT THING, IS SEX PURE AWESOME IN A PLASTIC CONTAINER WITH A CIRCUIT BOARD.
I like it.

What are the steps you took to make this? I really want to mod my three wavebirds the same way, except with a few painted designs. Like a red controller with the nintendo logo on the face, a blue one with either megaman or the Capcom logo on the face, and finally a yellow one with the DK logo on the face.

For what you are looking to do, you need stencils. You can make them out of adhesive paper, and it would be best to pm ishwhale on this.

I've actually changed my approach on this. What I'm going to do is paint a solid colour, add a decal I designed and had fabricated from a store, then seal the entire thing. But PMing this person woul probably prove fruitful as well.

Looks awesome, is this completed? Because I was thinking you should add a Mario M in the middle on the top of the contoller. Either way it still looks great

Back