Reconnecting the A/V Lines?

pLover

Apparently plover is a type of bird.
In the book, it doesn't say how to wire the A/V lines out. It shows where, but not how. Should I just use a one-strand of ribbon cable, for each?

updated: forgot to talk about the ground

What are you trying to do? Make a A/v output jack if so, thats not hard.

What you do is before you hook up the composite, right, and left audio to the PS one screen break into into two seperate wires. Add one to the correct pin of the screen and then solder one wire onto a output jack. Then take the ground break it into four wires one to the screen and the other three, one to each of the output jacks.

I know this for a fact and have a perfect A/V switch or use to.

Designer noob is right just use 4 pieces of ribbon cable attached to each other. One for video, one for L, one for R, and ground. This (very crude and horrible shop by me) might also help if you can't solder to those pins. Then connect the other side to what screen you are using.
2r5xaaf.jpg

So put a one-strand of ribbon cable in the video hole, and one on each side of the black chip, and then it'll all be fine?

You will need three output jacks, which you can get form radioshack for like 4 dollars.

You already wired the N64 and screen together. Just cut the audio, and composite going to the screen and add another wire. Then hook it back up to the screen. Take the additional wire you added to the audio and composite and hook it up to the three output jacks.

Take the ground that goes to the screen cut it and three more additional wires. Hook it back up to the screen and then take the three additional ground wires and add one ground wire per output jack. This will create the A/v switch.

Once you have it hooked up you can test your screen. I see that you have having probems with your screen not coming on. If your a/v switch works, then the problems is the screen.

You don't even know what I'm doing, do you. This isn't a N64 project!

If you want a A/V output jack that goes to the T.V. it works the same.

You need the same wires no matter what system.

As, long as you get the composite, audio and ground wires it will work.

Learn what ribbon cable is. Nothing in any of the pictures in this thread have ribbon cable in it. If you mean one wire out of a multi-wire IDE ribbon, you would just say one wire, not a ribbon.
Ribbon:
HDDIDE.jpg

Please, stop making countless useless threads in which you ask inane questions; just make one snes worklog thread and ask them there!

Back